|Product||Blue Cat's Digital Peak Meter Pro|
|Developer||Blue Cat Audio|
|Type / Tags|
Blue Cat's DP Meter Pro (DPMP) is a unique audio analysis tool: it combines very flexible and customizable audio meters with advanced side chaining control capabilities thanks to its MIDI and automation outputs.
The metering capabilities of the DPMP plug-in let you control and monitor audio signals exactly the way you want: almost every aspect of the peak, RMS and crest factor meters can be customized. It proposes five different scales by default, including Bob Katz's popular K-System scales (K-12, K-14, K-20), and you can create your own.
Large colored statistics displays following your own scales are included for an overview of a track, while histograms give you a precise measurement of the dynamic range of the track. The graphs show the evolution of the audio envelopes over time, and the mid-side switch lets you verify mono compatibility problems and check the "stereoness" of your audio sources very easily. Whether you are working with mono, stereo or surround tracks, this plug-in will fit into your workflow.
All envelopes (peak, RMS, crest factor...) can be reused for additional monitoring or side chaining purposes: combined together, reversed, modified and recorded as automation curves or sent as MIDI CC messages, they can control other effects in real time.
- Multichannel peak, RMS & crest factor meter.
- True dynamic range measurement with levels histograms.
- Instant, average and maximum audio levels.
- Modular user interface to fit into your workflow, with multiple screen sizes.
- Total control over the metering characteristics, including attack/release shape.
- Bob Katz's K-System scales support (K-12 / K-14 / K-20 and custom)
Mono, stereo, mid-side or surround analysis.
- Record measurements (peak, RMS, crest factor, clip etc.) as automation curves.
- Control in real time any MIDI-compatible plug-in or external MIDI device with the generated envelopes thanks to the plugin's MIDI CC output.
- Manage the shape of the output envelope: record reversed envelope, change amount of signal, and offset the generated envelope. This lets you use the plug-in for side chain ducking, compression and much more.
- Easy 'stereoness' and phase cancellation measurement.