|Product||Blue Cat's MB-7 Mixer|
|Developer||Blue Cat Audio|
€129 / $129
|Type / Tags|
Windows Vista or newer
Mac OS X 10.7 or newer
|Copy Protection||Serial Number|
Blue Cat's MB-7 Mixer is a unique plug-in that splits the signal into several frequency bands and lets you mix and process them as if they were separate tracks.
Each band proposes controls that can be found on a mixing console, and more: bypass, mute or solo each band separately to isolate frequencies you want to work on, adjust the gain, the "stereoness" and the position in the stereo field. When manipulating the stereo image, a master mono switch also lets you check mono compatibility.
The plug-in can also operate as a multiband VST Host: you can process each band independently with your favorite VST plug-ins! Up to four plug-ins can be loaded on each band, pre or post fader. Latency compensation, presets management, undo/redo integration, and individual plug-in bypass are included for optimal operation.
The plug-in also proposes unique linking and grouping options thanks to our multi-instances technology. You can link bands together within a single instance or between several instances of the plug-in on different tracks. This lets a simple fader control as many bands on as many tracks as you want. This is particularly useful when adjusting the placement or the balance of several competing tracks.
And as usual with Blue Cat Audio, the plug-in provides comprehensive visual feedback to let you know what's exactly going on: for each channel, monitor the spectrum, the in/out levels and the frequency response.
- Multiband mixing console: adjust the levels, panning and "stereoness" of each band separately.
- Multiband VST Host: insert third party VST plug-ins and process each band independently.
- Pre and post fader VST plug-in inserts, with full latency compensation.
External side chain support for sub plug-ins on each band.
Flexible Audio routing: connect sub plug-ins i/o to any audio channel for multi-mono effects or creative side chain.
- Up to 7 bands, with crossover filters from 6 to 96 dB/Oct for optimal separation.
- Multiple instances linking: group bands within a single instance or between multiple instances of the plug-in. Modify the spectrum on multiple tracks with a single slider.
- Bypass, mute, solo on every band.
- Mono switch on master for mono compatibility check.
- Dual Mode: independent left and right or mid and side channels control.
- Complete visual feedback with real time response curves, spectrogram, and levels display for each band.
- Side chaining made easy: a unique way to perform multi-band side chain compression, ducking, gating and much more.
- Fully customizable modular user interface, with multiple sizes.
- No additional latency.
Reviewed By sramsay
February 11, 2018
All right, here's the deal. You can buy FabFilter Saturn or Audio Damage Kombinat Tri, and have a multiband distortion unit with their okay distortion algorithms. Or you can buy this bit of magic and put any kind of distortion you want on the various bands. Or, for that matter, anything else. But combining this with Thermionic Culture Vulture, Omega 458a, VSM-3, Klanghelm SDRR 2, or any tape sim is pretty much heavenly.Read more