|Product||Blue Tubes Deesser DS-2S|
|Developer||Nomad Factory / Plugivery|
|Type / Tags|
- Pentium iV 2GHz / Athlon XP 2GHz with 1GB of RAM.
- Windows 7 - XP - Vista are supported (32-bit and 64-bit).
- Macintosh Intel Core Solo 1.5GHz with 1GB of RAM.
- Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard and Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard.
- Compatible Intel Macs, PPC are not supported.
Original Vintage Style DeEsser.
The BT Deesser DS-2S is a stereo deesser with vintage controls and sound. This deesser is designed to tame the harshness of certain vocal sounds, specifically ess sounds (hence, the name). However, this device can be useful in controlling the level of other sibilant vocal sounds as well, such as t, sh or f to name a few.
A deesser works like a frequency specific compressor. In fact, the DS2S is essentially a compressor driven by a hi-pass/band-pass filters. It reduces the offending high frequencies when the level of those frequencies exceeds the threshold. Threshold and Frequency sliders are provided, as well as a Listen selector switch to hear only the frequencies being deessed. The DS-2S is the ideal way to take that unwanted sizzle out of your vocal tracks.