|Product||Brainworx bx_cleansweep Pro|
|Developer||Plugin Alliance / Brainworx|
|Type / Tags|
Intel-compatible CPU with SSE2 instruction set (Pentium 4 compatible or higher; minimum 2 GHz recommended)
** We do not currently support Windows 10
Intel CPU only (minimum 2 GHz recommended)
*We do not currently support OS X El Capitan
Brainworx founder and CEO, Dirk Ulrich, has always emphasized the importance of accurate filtering when treating frequencies in a mix. During his long-lived days as a producer and engineer, working with the likes of Dream Theater, Toto and Michael Jackson, he found that some of the most critical parts of a mix lay within the sub-sonics and super-sonics of a sound. That is, by simply filtering out the imperceptible spectra above and below the desired core character of a sound, one could be well on their way to an immaculate sounding mix—even before the addition of any further dynamics or frequency treatment.
It was on this principle that Dirk designed the bx_cleansweep V2, a deceptively simple and yet powerful hybrid High-Pass and Low-Pass Butterworth filter that implements gently sloped curves (6 dB/octave) in order to achieve a musical and nonintrusive effect when zeroing-in on a sound's intended character. A joystick control, much like an X/Y pad, helped facilitate intuitive and direct movements towards a cleaner sound stage. The bx_cleansweep design, like it's bigger siblings – bx_digital V3 and bx_hybrid V2, features Anti-Crush technology. This analog model for filter curves prevents the harshness and aliasing found in certain other EQs.
Now, Brainworx has introduced a third reincarnation of the beloved filter plugin: the bx_cleansweep Pro. Sporting the addition of five filters with adjustable slopes and characters for each, and spectrum analysis with an advanced frequency/phase plot, this next generation in the bx_cleansweep legacy provides an accurate and intuitive tool for your mixing needs. Use it to tweak and tune the deeper regions of your mix, or create interesting spectral sweeps and effects when designing sounds. Make it the first piece in your chain on every single track, and you'll be amazed at how just a little filtering can go such a long way.
Download the full function 14-day demo (no dongle required!) to explore all the amazing possibilities of bx_cleansweep Pro yourself.
- Joint HP/LP filter with in-depth frequency response control.
- In addition to Butterworth, five new filter types with additional control options.
- o Bessel, Chebyshev (Type I & II), Elliptical, and Resonant Butterworth.
- Each filter adjustable up to the 6th order.
- New View Modes in graph panel with value callouts at each coordinate: Spectrum analyzer, Magnitude, Phase, Group Delay.
- Input Gain allows compensation for post-filter volume reduction.
- Joystick/matrix controller manipulates both HP and LP filters on an X/Y plane, creating an intuitive interface for honing-in on character.
- Phase reverse tool button.