|Developer||Vienna Symphonic Library (VSL)|
|Price (MSRP)||€235 (Std. Library) / €395 (Ext. Library)|
|Type / Tags|
|Copy Protection||Dongle (USB-eLicenser)|
Brass II is part of the Symphonic Cube, which consists of ten "Vienna Instruments Collections". Brass II features the following instruments:
- Piccolo trumpet.
- Bass trumpet.
- Triple horn.
- Horn ensemble (8 players) / Epic Horns.
- Bass trombone.
- Contrabass trombone.
- Contrabass tuba.
- Wagner tuba.
- Interval Performances: legato, marcato; slow & fast.
- Repetition Performances: legato, portato, staccato; crescendo & diminuendo.
- Performance Repetition upbeats: slow, medium, fast.
- Performance Trills.
- Solo instruments – Grace Note Performances: minor and minor 2nd, up and down.
- Short notes: staccato and portato with various attacks and note lengths.
- Long notes: sustains with various attacks and vibratos.
- Horn ensemble: blared sustains.
- Dynamics: crescendo & diminuendo in various note lengths, various vibratos; fp, sfz, sffz, pfp.
- Solo instruments – trills: half tone, whole tone; crescendo & diminuendo.
- Flutter tongues: normal and crescendo variations.
The Vienna Instrument Engine:
- Powerful proprietary streaming audio engine, developed by Vienna Symphonic Library's Christian Teuscher.
- Up to 3,456 Articulations (Patches) on one MIDI channel.
- RAM pre-load of up to 25,600 stereo samples (based on 1.6 GB available RAM under Windows; 48,000 samples on a 3 GB Mac G5).
- 64 stereo voices per instance streaming from disk.
- Extremely low load times (average 1 sec. per Patch) using pre-caching.
- Lossless real-time de-compression for using less RAM and hard disk resources.
- RAM Optimizer kicks unused samples out of RAM.
- Pre-configured Patches.
- Performance Detection algorithms integrated in Patches without the need to switch manually between articulations.
- Trigger comprehensive sets of articulations using hardware controllers (MIDI learn), key switches, and speed, without ever leaving the current MIDI channel.
- Layer Articulations for simultaneous or crossfade performances in one Preset.
- Easily design your own Instruments using Drag & Drop.
- Switch Velocity Crossfades and Release Control on/off on the fly.