|Product||Bravura Scoring Brass|
|Type / Tags|
Kontakt Player 5.4 or higher
22GB disk space
4GB RAM minimum / 8GB recommended (all mics+artics)
Core 2 Duo processor or better
|Copy Protection||Serial Number|
Bravura Scoring Brass by Impact Soundworks is a comprehensive collection of orchestral brass samples - ensembles, soloists, and aleatoric effects - recorded in a scoring studio and programmed for Kontakt Player. Each instrument and ensemble was recorded with three distinct microphone positions, capturing all important articulations, multiple dynamic layers, and round robin variations.
The library includes deeply-recorded trumpet ensemble, horn ensemble, low brass ensemble, and trombone ensemble, along with solo piccolo trumpet, tuba, trombone, french horn, flugelhorn, and trumpet. Each ensemble, as well as the full brass section, also features a large set of aleatoric phrases, clusters, and figures designed with film, TV, and video game composers in mind.
The sample pool of Bravura Scoring Brass spans over 55,000 16 and 24-bit recordings, with extensive articulations:
- True legato performances.
- Multi-tongues (double & triple, tempo-synced).
- Major & minor trills.
Extended (Aleatoric) Articulations:
- Atonal rips and falls.
- Cluster sustains.
- Cluster stabs (staccato, marcato).
- Cluster swells and crescendos.
- Bombs, bends, and textures.
- Flurries, pulses, and suspensions.
- Slow slides, flybys and scoops.
The script engine of Bravura Scoring Brass offers composers a variety of on-screen tools to adjust mixing and performance.
- Microphone mixing, panning, and EQ.
- Convolution reverb with custom impulse responses.
- Articulation mixing and RAM purging.
- Legato speed, volume, and crossfade controls.
- Velocity input curve and tuning.
- Short articulation layering and triggering controls.
- MIDI-learnable dynamics and vibrato controls.
- Adjustable release samples and behavior.
- Simulated double and triple-stack mode.
- Simulated brass mute mode.
The library also includes two extra script engines, the Chord Maker and Orchestrator patches which are available for both the ensembles and solo instruments. These patches allow users to perform realistically-voiced chords with multiple instruments on a single MIDI track, ideal for the rapid creation of mockups.
The Chord Maker triggers fully-voiced chords on a single key press. Each octave offers either major or minor chords in different inversions, and the user can control how the chord is voiced across different brass instruments. Several voicing presets are provided, and users can also create their own custom chord shapes with any combination of unisons, intervals, and triads.
The Orchestrator takes chords played by the user and voices each note to different solo or ensemble instruments appropriately. The orchestration and voicing behavior can be customized by the user allowing for textures ranging from thin and narrow to thick and wide.
Bravura Scoring Brass is available now as a complete Kontakt Player instrument for $349. Additionally, each instrument and section can be purchased a la carte starting at $39 for solo instruments.
Intro & Overview Video