|Type / Tags|
Minimum requirements: Widows XP or newer, Pentium 4 2.8GHZ, 2 GB RAM, free 16 MB on the H.D.
|Copy Protection||Key File|
Byron is a VA-style organ synth for Windows that offers 3 oscillators with a 50 waveforms sound engine in each. Each sound engine has a secondary engine which gives the ability to morph the driving waveform to another one and to combine the whole 3 oscillators together, so that method can create a wide range of organ sound combinations.
Apart from the engine, each oscillator has its own sound engine designing section, envelope, powerful 5 states filter (low pass, high pass, band pass, band reject, peak) with its own envelope, 2 LFOs (one for the amp, one for the filter) and 3 built-in effects: equalizer, tube and bass tube, so in fact, every oscillator can perform as a complete instrument. Each oscillator also has its own ability to send itself to each of the global effects directly from the synthesis section, with only a single button press.
Byron reduces the use of the mouse to the necessary minimum as it has been built according to the "one click" approach and is suitable for touch screens. No matter if it comes to choosing a new preset, new bank or just leaping to another section, everything is bright and clear and done immediately with only one click. This approach is particularly evident in the preset manager section: In addition to the traditional method, every preset gets its own knob on the panel with its name on it, and will help to find sounds easily and efficiently, with only on one single click.
Byron is equipped with 8 master effects (tube, bass tube, overdrive, phaser, chorus-flanger, reverb tremolo and delay) alongside a wide MIDI section. The MIDI section contains some new features like "octaver" effect, MIDI limiter (limits the maximum velocity gain to a specific value), Fixed velocity (plays any note with a specific velocity), a separate "MONO MODE" with portamento effect for each oscillator, "MIDI learn" possibility for every Significant knob and "MIDI split" that splits the user's keyboard into 2 ranges, low and high, allows the user sending each of the 3 oscillators to a selected keyboard range with only one button press.
Classic organs fans will also find a dedicated Leslie rotor effect, which will allow them to apply it on each oscillator separately, and by that, to turn any chosen oscillator to a complete Leslie rotor engine.
Byron gives the possibility to combine the beloved drawbars method and obtain an organ playing experience with 9 drawbars that divide the frequency spectrum into 9 frequency ranges. The user may choose to turn on\off sending each oscillator's signal via drawbars separately from the oscillator's synthesis section with only one button press.
Full features list:
- "one click" master menu (instruments, synthesis, MIDI\effects).
- "one click" banks menu.
- "one click" presets menu.
- traditional preset manager.
- load\save bank possibility.
- "one click" oscillator menu.
- oscillator's on-off knob.
- 1 main waveforms bank per oscillator.
- 1 secondary waveforms bank (for morphing) per oscillator.
- master volume knob.
- master pitch band range knob.
- waveform display window.
- "morph waveform 1+2" knob per oscillator.
- waveform amp per oscillator.
- waveform octave per oscillator.
- waveform fine-tune per oscillator.
- key velocity (MIDI note's velocity gain) per oscillator.
- amp envelope per oscillator.
- amp LFO per oscillator.
- 5 states filter per oscillator (low pass, high pass, band pass, band reject, peaking).
- filter envelope per oscillator.
- filter LFO per oscillator.
- oscillator's e.q. (per oscillator).
- oscillator's tube effect (per oscillator).
- oscillator's bass tube effect (per oscillator).
- MIDI "octaver" effect.
- MIDI limiter.
- MIDI fixed velocity.
- mono mode button (per oscillator).
- portamento knob for glide effect.
- "hold stolen note" button.
- "re-trigger stolen" button.
- "re-trigger new note" button.
- MIDI learn possibility for every Significant knob.
- drawbars rack with 9 drawbars.
- master phaser effect.
- master chorus\flanger effect.
- master reverb effect.
- master delay effect.
- virtual MIDI keyboard.
- zoom menu (on stand alone).
- MIDI keyboard split (into 2 ranges).