The Cambridge EQ is a high-end analog console-style EQ that boasts five bands of switchable parametric or shelving EQ and two comprehensive high and low pass filters. Advanced editing features include graphical frequency response curve with zoom controls for fine adjustment, as well as adjustment of the gain, resonance, and frequency of each band on the graphic display. The Cambridge EQ can handle every EQ'ing chore, from the subtleties of mastering to radical tone shaping.
- Five bands of parametric or shelf EQ.
- Low pass and high pass filters with seventeen filter slopes including 2nd- 6th order Butterworth and elliptical filters as well as standard cut filters from 6- 36db/octave.
- Graphical display of EQ curve with "bats" for adjusting the frequency bands directly on the EQ curve.
- Analog-type filters use a proprietary algorithm, which avoids problems typical to digital EQs.
- Filters work at high frequencies without oversampling.
- Parametric section controls emulate popular high-end analog consoles.
- Complex Lattice Filters provide smooth, analog-like sound.
- Three types of resonant shelf--a peak at the edge of the stopband, a peak at edge of the passband, or both provide smooth, Pultec-like low end.
- Two channels of EQ instantly accessible within one preset for quick A/B switching between two sounds via automation.
- Three-step Zoom control on EQ graph for easy viewing of fine adjustments.
A Note about UAD Powered Plug-ins
UAD-2 and UAD-1 Powered Plug-Ins run exclusively on Universal Audio's UAD DSP Accelerator Cards. All available Powered Plug-Ins are included in the UAD Software Installer/Updater Package; and every Plug-In title has a separately activated 14-day trial -- so users can try before they buy, at their own pace. Once a user decides to purchase a Plug-In, they can click on the Plug-In toolbar "Buy" button, which automatically takes them to the www.uaudio.com website and carts the plug in; or this can be done manually via browsing our webstore. Once the purchase is complete, a downloadable Authorization File is made available. Users simply drag and drop this Auth. File into the UAD meter, and the Plug-In is authorized. UAD-1 users can transfer Plug-In licenses to UAD-2 format for free (one time only). Via Customer Support, Universal Audio also allows registered UAD owners to sell their UAD card(s) with Plug-In licenses, transferring the licenses to the new card owner (subject to Universal Audio approval).