Chamber Strings is part of the Symphonic Cube, which consists of ten "Vienna Instruments Collections". Chamber Strings features the following instruments:
- Violin Ensemble (6 Musicians)
- Viola Ensemble (4 Musicians)
- Violoncello Ensemble (3 Musicians)
- Double bass Ensemble (2 Musicians)
- Interval Performances: legato, portamento, zigane (gipsy), détaché, marcato, spiccato
- Performance Trills
- Repetition Performances: legato, portato, staccato, spiccato, harsh
- Grace notes: normal, zigane
- Short notes: short staccato, long staccato, short détaché, long détaché, 4 variations each
- Long notes: sustains with and without vibrato, espressivo
- Dynamics: various crescendos & diminuendos, with and without vibrato, fp, sfz, sffz
- Sustained tremolos
- Trills: normal and baroque trills, half tone & whole tone, crescendo & diminuendo
- Pizzicatos: normal, Bartók pizzicatos
- Natural harmonics: sustains, glissandos
- Artificial harmonics: staccato, sustains, repetitions
The Vienna Instrument Engine:
- Powerful proprietary streaming audio engine, developed by Vienna Symphonic Library's Christian Teuscher.
- Up to 3,456 Articulations (Patches) on one MIDI channel.
- RAM pre-load of up to 25,600 stereo samples (based on 1.6 GB available RAM under Windows; 48,000 samples on a 3 GB Mac G5).
- 64 stereo voices per instance streaming from disk.
- Extremely low load times (average 1 sec. per Patch) using pre-caching.
- Lossless real-time de-compression for using less RAM and hard disk resources.
- RAM Optimizer kicks unused samples out of RAM.
- Pre-configured Patches.
- Performance Detection algorithms integrated in Patches without the need to switch manually between articulations.
- Trigger comprehensive sets of articulations using hardware controllers (MIDI learn), key switches, and speed, without ever leaving the current MIDI channel.
- Layer Articulations for simultaneous or crossfade performances in one Preset.
- Easily design your own Instruments using Drag & Drop.
- Switch Velocity Crossfades and Release Control on/off on the fly.