|Developer||Applied Acoustics Systems|
|Type / Tags|
|Copy Protection||Online Activation (Challenge / Response)|
Chromaphone 2 uses acoustic resonators to create drums, percussion, mallet, string, and other unique instruments. They get sparked into life by a mallet and a flexible noise generator.
Chromaphone 2 is packed with more than 650 presets from the best sound designers. Instruments span from warm and mellow pitched percussions for melodies to punchy one-shots and kits for rhythm tracks. Twisted, they generate unique textures and soundscapes that will move any film score. Whether real, other-wordly, or with an ethnic touch, Chromaphone will fill your music with rich and organic tones.
Chromaphone 2 ships with premium performance features: unison, vibrato, and a complete set of MIDI features. And for even more action, Chromaphone provides a user programmable pattern arpeggiator and shortcuts to the high quality effects.
Modeling based synthesis gives you access to all source and resonator parameters. Customize instruments to perfectly fit your project or follow your inspiration and build entirely new ones for really creative and innovative sound design.
The Effects panel wraps up Chromaphone 2 as an all-inclusive package with awesome polishing tools.
What's new from Chromaphone 1:
- NEW Factory library—The completely renewed factory library has well over 600 production-ready sounds classified for fast and intuitive exploration.
- NEW Drumhead resonator—This new model reproduces precisely how a real drumhead vibrates resulting in super realistic and responsive drums and percussions.
- NEW Envelope mode—The envelope generator for the noise source is now equipped with an AHD mode for carving precise one-shots.
- NEW Noise filter bank—The noise source spectrum can now be tailored with a 10-band filter bank for fine control of the tone.
- NEW Low-cut filter—Resonators have been complemented with a low-cut filter to control the clarity of an instrument response.
- NEW Arpeggiator—Add motion and give a new perspective to sounds with the new built-in arpeggiator module.
- NEW Source mixer—Fine control of the mallet and noise sources to shape the attack and sustain phase of sounds with precision.
- NEW Compressor and equalizer—These new additions are perfect to add punch and definition to your sound, letting you cut through any dense mix or stage.
- NEW Limiter—The new output limiter protects your ears and monitors during experimentation with the synth's parameters while providing a maximum of distortion-free dynamics.
- NEW Streamlined interface—Redesigned from the ground up, the new interface now divides Chromaphone 2 into three panels: Play presents shortcuts to the performance and effect parameters including bypass switches for quick edits; Edit lets you tweak and create your sound; while FX supplies equalizer, compressor, multi-effect, and reverb processors for a final sheen.
- NEW Microtonal tunings via Scala scale files—Chromaphone 2 now supports the Scala scale file format for microtonal music making.
- UPDATED Overhauled effects—Reinvigorated and polished, Chromaphone 2's multi-effect processor features our best sounding chorus, delay, phaser, flanger, distortion, notch filter, wah-wah, auto-wah, and reverb to date.
- NEAT Backward compatible with Chromaphone 1 presets—Simply copy your banks from Chromaphone 1 in Chromaphone 2's bank folder to convert them.