Complete Toy Collection features tons of marvelous "ready to play" presets from more than 300 musical toys. A massive 20 GB library containing more than 21 000 samples and loops carefully recorded in 24 bit / 96 kHz with the best gear on earth.
Whatever the kind of music you produce, you will certainly find a place for these incredible sounding toys instruments. Download and take a look at the content PDF, and you will have a better idea why this library is another milestone UVI collection.
Complete Toy Museum includes:
Acoustic Toy Museum
Several passionate owners of musical toy collections gave us access to very rare and sometimes very old musical toys. Even a famous museum opened its doors to our insane sound design team.
The result is a flashy selection of inspiring instruments ready to play with: Toy Pianos, Musical Boxes, Ancient Automates, Wood and Metal Xylophones, Mini Bells, Baby Drums, Toy Guitars, Ukulele, Melodicas, Small Accordions, Harmonicas, Children Percussions, Funny Horns, Musical Gadgets, Musical Cubes, Plastic Tubes and much more.
Loops and phrases are also included for instruments like old music boxes; and let's not forget the Baby Drums and Toy Guitar sections that were played by skillful musicians in top-grade studios.
- Toy Pianos and Keys: By far, this is the most complete selection of Toy Pianos around the word, featuring the famous Michelsonne pianos, rare wood pianos and other keyboards.
- Xylo and Metal: A fair amount of xylophones and metallophones, sanza, and Clavi-Harp.
- Children Bells: Simple bells, key-triggered bells, and chimes.
- Toy Guitars: Two small guitars and two ukuleles. Multisamples, chords and loops expertly played in various tempo and for every key, so you can play riffs in any song.
- Music Boxes
- An Aladdin's cave of music boxes. From old and crispy models, to the most clean with typical tones. Presets with different samples randomly played for every note are included for the classic models.
- Baby Drums (L): Two different drum sets, a children school one and a very cheap cardboard one, both recorded in a professional studio and played with talent by a monster studio session drummer.
- Baby Percussions (L): More than a dozen different percussions to cover a wide-range of needs. Loops played by an excellent percussionist also included.
- Melodicas and co: Along with the prominent melodicas, you'll find other reed instruments like accordions and harmonicas.
- Blow Toys: Recorders, whistles, tiny trumpets... basically anything that can be blown into.
- Musical Gadgets: Everything that couldn't be sorted out: from the giggle stick to the puzzling boom whackers.
- Ancient Automates: Animated plush animals with ancient looks.
- Kindergarten: Warning: you must at most be 36-month old to play with this category. Roly-poly toys, moo boxes, play centers, everything the youngest need.
Electric Toy Museum
Every aspect of each of the 97 electric machine has been captured : multi-sampled instruments with release samples for every note, rhythms converted into sliced loops, GM drumkits created, FX and speech voices carefully organized ... You will feel like having all these toys right under your fingertips.
These jewels' character come from their acoustic assembling and the "cheap" speakers they use. To capture the essence of them, we did sample them in a superb sounding studio room. We took the time to find the right microphone for the right machine, then recorded every note and every sound possible (including release samples, key clicks, etc...), we also did record drumloops or instrument loops.
After editing this huge amount of sounds, we did finalize by trying to find the best way to organize the collection in 10 categories: Children, Developed, Drums & FX, Mini Sampler, Musical Toys, Organ Basic, Silly, Small, Speech & Style-o-phone.
- Children (11 machines): These toys are particularly designed for kids, even if most of the time, elders do play with them.
- Developed (9 machines): Sometimes real advanced keyboards are hidden behind the word "toys", whose technique nonchallenges some tedious semi-pro keyboards.
- Drums & FX (13 machines): Especially designed for drums and FX, whether they are pure sound FX machines or drum machines. That's the rhythm of the household.
- Mini Sampler (3 machines): Seriously impressing for their days and intent, these keyboards came with a microphone and/or RCA sampling facility.
- Musical Toys (15 machines): More toys than musical, most of the time with no keyboard, some of them hide very surprising features...
- Organ Basic (10 machines): The electric organs that have been scattered about in youngsters' bedrooms for the last forty years.
- Silly (10 machines): It's not they sound poorly, it's not they were too quickly designed, it's not we don't love them, it's... just totally silly.
- Small (11 machines): These keyboards were designed to be "child' fingers-compliant". Some machines from this category became iconic.
- Speech (3 machines): These are the talkative toys, whether it's for learning spelling, just for fun or to make music.
- Style-o-phone (11 machines): One of the best and oldest kind of musical toys ever designed.
- Converters: Prism and Apogee with Antelope Atomic Clock.
- Mic Pres & Direct Boxes: Grace Design, D.W Fearn, Universal Audio & SSL.
- Microphones: Neuman, Bruel & Kjaer, Shoeps & AEA.
How to use Complete Toy Museum?
The UVI libraries are dedicated to be used with the brand new UVI WORKSTATION and the MOTU MachFive 3 sampler. UVI WORKSTATION is a multi-timbral software instrument that provides unlimited parts, integrated effects, live performance feature, and a smooth real-time workflow. It operates as a MAC | PC stand alone application, as well as a virtual instrument software plug-in, compatible with Mac OS X and Windows for all major hosts sequencers.
The UVI WORKSTATION is for free download. It features a tutorial sound pack, so you can try this software workstation out, without any limit on your own system.
Click here to download the latest version of UVI Workstation.
Audio & video demo
Whatever the kind of music you produce, you will certainly find a place for these incredible sounding toy instruments. Download and take a look at the content PDF, and you will have a better idea why this library is another milestone UVI collection.