Cotracks Music Studio
Cotracks is a collaborative music studio for teamwork on a single iPad. With Cotracks you can create multiple layers of loops and phrases with multiple instruments. In Cotracks you are never farther than a single tap away from recording, regardless whether you are flying solo or collaborating with a few friends.
Everyone in your session has the ability to play and record at will without disrupting or being disrupted by the workflow of others. This lets you lay down the foundation of a tune within minutes and makes Cotracks the perfect and inspiring tool for brainstorming new ideas within a group.
The loops you create may be exported as separate audio clips or as a mixdown audio clip which you may then import and use in any audio software supporting the common wave audio format.
Designed for varying number of users
You can start off creating music in a single user mode. Later when your friend decides to join in, you switch to a two user mode. The interface layout will adjust enabling convenient access to the application from both sides of the table. Whenever another friend happens to join you, the layout will adjust again enabling access from all four sides of the device, letting you team up with up to three friends for a super creative music session. Whenever one or more of you must leave the session, it is as easy as a single tap to switch back to a smaller team or to the single user mode, letting the remaining members continue from where the others left off.
Designed for variably skilled users
Cotracks offers lots of fun for both novice and advanced musicians at the same time with the help of flexible quantize, sequence sharing and editing capabilities. For example, a novice musician may grab a copy of a complicated sequence played by a more experienced friend and edit the instrument, sound and effects, record modulation controllers over the sequence and tweak the various playback parameters including key and scale. Essentially creating something new and exiting without necessarily playing a single note. Cotracks is all about giving everybody the means to contribute, which takes the concept of music collaboration to a new level.
It's like playing with a band, but this time you can record and play back your own parts, in perfect sync with others, and create the constituents for a great track at the same time. With Cotracks the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
- up to 12 instrument tracks.
- comfortable access for multiple users.
- instruments may be arranged in multiple orientations.
- interface modes for single user, two users and four users.
- switch between interface modes with a single tap.
- tabbed sections.
- access four instruments simultaneously.
- key and ribbon controllers for synthesizers.
- repeater control lets you play and record complex tempo synced rhythmic textures.
- XY modulation control.
- fast and easy to use.
- non-destructive quantize and transpose.
- change the playback scale of recorded sequences.
- 15 scales.
- drag and drop copying of sequences between instruments.
- polyphonic synthesizer with dozens of high quality instrument presets.
- monophonic bass/lead synthesizer with dozens of high quality instrument presets.
- drum pad sample player with over a hundred professional quality percussion samples from Inspire Audio.
- programmable XY-modulation.
- band-limited oscillators to ensure professional grade sound quality.
- stereo delay.
- stereo phaser.
- 2 equalizer units.
- dedicated units for each track.
- export all instruments to separate audio clips.
- export audio mixdown clip.
- export and import sessions in XML format for backup and sharing.
- on-screen help and tips.
- online support integrated in app.
- video tutorials.