|Type / Tags|
Dexed is a multi platform, multi format plugin synth that is closely modeled on the Yamaha DX7. Under the hood it uses music-synthesizer-for-android for the synth engine.
The goal of this project is to be a tool/companion for the original DX7. Sound engine with 'float' value parameters, different waveform à la TX81z would be great but anything that goes beyond the DX7 should and will be a fork of this project. This is to keep the compatibility with the original machine.
Dexed is licensed on the GPL v2.
- Multi platform (OS X, Windows, Linux) and multi format (VST, could build a AU also); by using JUCE.
- The sound engine music-synthesizer-for-android is closely modeled on the original DX7 characteristics.
- 144 DAW automatable DX7 parameters available from one single panel.
- Fully supports DX7 input and output Sysex messages; including controller change. This means that you can use this with a native DX7/TX7 as a patch editor.
- Each operator have a realtime VU meter to know which one is active.
- Can load/save any DX7/TX7 sysex programs. It is also possible to save a single program into a different sysex file.
- Comes with a 1024 programs compilation.
- Preliminary Algo 4 & 6 feedback support.
- DX Engine 'Dirty DX' emulation, including one based on OPL chips.
- DX Engine LFO amplitude. This still needs tuning.
- Monophonic mode.
- Added the 'INIT' button to re-initialize a program.
- Fixed stucked notes when programs where changed.
- Fixed engine envelopes wrong timing if it was not 44100kHz.
- Fixed only .syx are shown when we are using the Dexed_cart.zip cartridges collection.
- The DX7 Sysex port are now only used for sysex messages. This is used to avoid any MIDI note feedback.