|Product||Digital Musician Container (DMC)|
|Type / Tags|
When Charlie Steinberg co-founded digitalmusician.net in 2006 a major challenge was to develop a software application that facilitated online collaboration between musicians around the world. It needed to overcome the technical difficulties of realtime data transfer over the internet and also integrate seamlessly with the DAWs musicians used to create their own music. Out of that vision the Digital Musician Recorder (DMR) and Digital Musician Link (DML) applications were developed.
Digital Musician Container (DMC) is the next generation of online interactive software applications. Charlie Steinberg integrated the DMR and DML applications into one high performance DMC application and added a whole host of new features.
The DMC features include:
- Full function multitrack sequencing and recording.
- Rewire master or slave integration with DAWs.
- Peer to Peer connection and realtime collaborative recording via the internet.
- Audio Wave file display with comprehensive editing functions.
- VST Plug in support.
- Drag and Drop of audio files between DMC and DAW.
- Video conferencing and extended chat for support of the producer and musician relationship.
- Offline automatic synchronization of project data via the DMN server.
- Integrated Send File utility for transfer of high resolution audio files.
- Integrated Buy/Sell of tracks function.
- Full integration with the digitalmusician.net website.
- ASIO and Core Audio support.
DMC is available as a free download to all DMN members.