|Type / Tags|
|Copy Protection||Customized Per Customer|
Disto is a set of two devices in one, with some extremely useful add-ons like Mid/Side encoding/decoding matrix.
Several effects are integrated for an overall control on sound and dynamics. Emulations have been designed to be quite aggressive and provide an useful "warming" tool with lots of versatility but quite simple to use.
Main features are:
- Lots of compression character selections, with several knees and characters.
- Several saturation options.
- Output transformers.
- "Warmth" filter, to control brightness in a special way.
- Simple set of controls and interface.
- Stereo, Dual and Mid/Side modes for full control on the stereo image.
- "Hottitude" control (internal levels) to get independent control on dynamics, saturation and Warmth.
- Standard and Dirty modes, for light or extreme processing.
- New Clean mode, for faithful emulation of the hardware.
Reviewed By AxxxxDxx
October 2, 2015
I bought this several days ago and tried only a few drum loops, they go from lifeless and dull to tube warmth to full on compression like an 1176, Coupled with a Certain tube EQ its a serious channel strip, I can only give it an 8 because Ive never tried a real one, its a little difficult on the know how but the sound justifies the meager asking cost. Its a must for grit and distortion with some seriously powerful dynamics coding that can tame even the most difficult transients that appear on drum hits such as snares, kick drums and hi hats. People say I have too FX much this and too much FX that, however there are some processors that are a must have regardless, this is one of them. In short you would be insane not to end up owning the "other" products from Quinto such as SDC and the MEQ similar to Disto, as combined altogether they are fast becoming my new mastering FX chain.Read more