No Longer Available
|Type / Tags|
- 24 drum pads.
- 4 mute groups.
- 3 stereo outputs.
- 3 analogue sounding compressors.
- Up to 128 voices, with smart polyphony handling.
- Load samples from front panel.
- 64 bit internal mixer.
- Most parameters can be controlled via MIDI.
- Pitch-bend support.
- Note on/off support.
- MIDI velocity re-mapper.
- Cross-velocity support.
- Gentle low pass filter sensitive to MIDI velocity.
- Weighted pan.
- Built-in audio meters.
- Low CPU usage.
- Sample precise synchronisation.
- Can export and import drum kits.
- Can import LM-4 drum kits.
- Supports 8, 16, 20 and 24 bit and 32 bit floating point wave files.
- User friendly editor.
Reviewed By midisax
September 10, 2001
Reviewed By crimsonwarlock
September 4, 2001
At this moment this is my drum machine of choice and I think it will completely replace my use of Orions build-in drum machine for regular drum sequencing (the Orion drum machine has some tricks no VSTi drummer has right now). If you need professional drums in your tracks (and don't we all do...), and the native Orion drum machine does not cut it for you, then you should check out the DK1. After using the Orion drum machine (with it's pattern buttons) it took a while to get used to the DK1 but now I'm sold on it. And all those available LM4 kits are begging me to be downloaded to my computer and to get used in my songs. I'm having fun with it !
Read the full review on Orion-central: