|Type / Tags|
DtBlkFx is a Fast-Fourier-Transform (FFT) spectral processing plug-in.
Precision parametric equalizing with sharp-roll off:
- Set the frequencies so accurately that you can adjust individual harmonics of a sound.
- Frequency resolutions of up to 0.7 Hz.
Harmonic based (or comb) filtering:
- Set a fundamental frequency and adjust the level of it and its harmonics - you can even remove the pitched component of a voice.
- Active harmonic tracking - let DtBlkFx automatically track a sound and adjust the level of its harmonics.
Various types of noise control:
- Change the "contrast" between loud and soft frequency components.
- Adjust only those frequencies below or above a particular threshold.
- Clip frequencies above a particular threshold.
- Sound smearing (phase randomizing).
- Harmonic shifting by a fixed number of notes.
- Non-harmonic shifting by a fixed frequency.
- Active harmonic repitch - the content of your sound is monitored and re-pitched to a destination note.
- Standard (frequency enveloping) - make your trumpet rap, string section sing or synthesizer talk.
- Harmonic based - harmonics in one channel are power-matched to those in the other (or some predefined waveforms) for a new vocoding sound.
- A harmonic or threshold mask may be set for any effect (apart from vocoding) - for example only shift frequencies that are below the threshold.
Realtime spectrogram (waterfall) display of input and output sounds:
- See what frequency components are in your sound and exactly what you've done.
- Use your mouse to see the note & frequency under the pointer.
You can select up to 4 of the above effects to be run in series - combining the effects in this way allows you to make completely new and surprising sounds.
DtBlkFx is freely distributable and is covered by the terms of the GNU licensing agreement. Source code is included.