DUNE is a subtractive/virtual-analog type synthesizer which introduces new, innovative features.
The differential unison engine (DUNE) takes the concept of subtractive synthesis to the next level, by allowing full control of each unison voice. This greatly extends the range of possible sounds, reaching deep into FM and Wavetable synthesis.
Whether you're looking for lush pads, fat basses, punchy kicks, cutting leads, multi-layered pads and textures, complex FX sounds or morphing - anything is possible in Dune.
Some key features include:
- The differential unison engine ('Dune'), giving extensive modulation abilities.
- A strong synthesis core housing alias-free oscillators and warm, analog-sounding filters.
- An innovative arpeggiator, with a creative mode that facilitates composing new melodies.
- Vast range of possible sounds, not only covering analog type sounds, but also FM, Wavetable synthesis and completely new realms.
- A high-quality effect unit including Reverb, EQs, Delay, Phaser, Flanger and Chorus.
- Two factory banks filled with patches made by experienced sound designers.
- Integrated patch browser and patch categories like Bass, Lead, Pads etc. for fast searching.
- 2 Oscillators with Osc Sync, Pulse Width, Ring- and Frequency Modulation.
- Sub Oscillator.
- FAT knob for both oscillators, each generating 7 detuned oscillators.
- Oscillator waveforms comprise Sawtooth, Pulse, Triangle and a wavetable.
- The wavetable contains 69 additional waveforms which can be modulated to obtain Wavetable Synthesis type patches.
- 3 FM Modes including FilterFM.
- Noise generator with brightness control.
- Multimode Filter with Lowpass, Bandpass, Bandstop, Highpass and combo types.
- 3 LFOs with Sawtooth, Pulse, Triangle and S+H Noise.
- 3 ADSR envelopes with additional parameters in the modulation matrix.
- Arpeggiator with 7 different modes, including the new creative mode "Dynamic", which adapts sequences according to how many/which keys are being pressed.
- Mono-Legato Mode with Glide.
- Complex modulation matrix, which can not only modulate the front panel knobs but includes many additional parameters for experts; additionally the ability to modulate MM Slots by other MM slots.
- Host Tempo Sync for the Arpeggiator, all LFOs and the Delay Unit.
- Up to 8 unison voices, which can be further controlled by the mod matrix.
- Comprehensive, high-quality effect section with Distortion, two EQs, Phaser, Flanger, Chorus, Delay and Reverb.
- All patches can be sorted and browsed by categories (Bass, Leads, Pads etc.).
NOTE: The DUNE technology multiplies the basic synth features by a factor of 8. This means there's actually 24 oscillators, in FAT mode up to 120 per note. Same for all other features; it is possible to e.g. have 8 different filter types in parallel for a single patch.