|Product||EMT 250 Classic Electronic Reverberator|
|Type / Tags|
|Copy Protection||UAD Hardware Specific|
Introduced in 1976, and still regarded by many as one of the best-sounding reverb units ever made, the EMT 250 was the first digital reverberator to operate through a purely electronic system. Today, Universal Audio has created a faithful emulation of this iconic, lever-driven reverb as a UAD Powered Plug-In.
Although only around 250 hardware units were ever built, the EMT 250 continues to leave an immeasurable mark on record-making history in the hands of studio legends like George Massenburg, Bruce Swedien, Daniel Lanois, Brian Eno, and Allen Sides.
The EMT 250's distinctive clear and open reverb sound has appeared on countless records, including Prince & The Revolution's Purple Rain, Elvis Costello's Spike, and modern classics like The Red Hot Chili Pepper's Stadium Arcadium. Re-engineered by Universal Audio alongside EMT 250 creator Dr. Barry Blesser — and fully endorsed by EMT Studiotechnik GmbH — the EMT 250 Powered Plug-In goes far beyond emulation by using the very same algorithm found in these extremely rare units, according to Universal Audio.
- Recreation of the EMT 250 reverb unit.
- Very same algorithm found in the original, repurposed for plug-in use in conjunction with original EMT 250 designer Dr. Barry Blesser.
- Modeled from Allen Sides' EMT 250 "golden unit" at Ocean Way Recording.
- Additional EMT 250 effects also included: Delay, Phasing, Chorus, Echo, and Space.
- Fully endorsed by EMT Studiotechnik GmbH as the world's only authentic emulation.
- Additional exclusive "UAD Powered Plug-In" features include Dry/Wet Mix, Wet Solo, and Hard Bypass via the lighted EMT power icon.
- Requires UAD-2 DSP Accelerator Card available from authorized dealers worldwide.
- Reverb program with lever selectable decay times from 0.4s to 4.5s.
- Four position lever selectable high frequency decay.
- Four position lever selectable low frequency decay.
- Delay program with two independent delay lines including lever selectable delay times from 0 to 315ms.
- Phasing program with lever controlled phase position.
- Chorus program with lever selection of four chorus variations.
- Echo program with lever selectable delay time from 0 to 315ms, with adjustable high frequency damping.
- Space which offers fixed reverb time of 10s.
- Lever selectable Pre-Delay for all programs (0, 20, 40, 60ms).
- Outputs switch offers "Quad" tonal variations of original hardware for Reverb, Phasing, and Space modes (lit), while acting as a mono sum for the Delay and Chorus programs and an input mute for the Echo program (unlit).
- Global Wet/Dry Mix slider.
- Global Wet Solo button defeats audible dry signal for Buss use.
- LED meter displays input signal level.
- "Register" LED indicates internal system clipping.
- Power switch via EMT icon offers a glitch-free bypass for comparison to original unprocessed signal.
A Note about UAD Powered Plug-ins
UAD-2 and UAD-1 Powered Plug-Ins run exclusively on Universal Audio's UAD DSP Accelerator Cards. All available Powered Plug-Ins are included in the UAD Software Installer/Updater Package; and every Plug-In title has a separately activated 14-day trial -- so users can try before they buy, at their own pace. Once a user decides to purchase a Plug-In, they can click on the Plug-In toolbar "Buy" button, which automatically takes them to the www.uaudio.com website and carts the plug in; or this can be done manually via browsing our webstore. Once the purchase is complete, a downloadable Authorization File is made available. Users simply drag and drop this Auth. File into the UAD meter, and the Plug-In is authorized. UAD-1 users can transfer Plug-In licenses to UAD-2 format for free (one time only). Via Customer Support, Universal Audio also allows registered UAD owners to sell their UAD card(s) with Plug-In licenses, transferring the licenses to the new card owner (subject to Universal Audio approval).