Epoch Dynamic Comb Filter is a unique alternative to traditional dynamics processes such as compression. While comparing favorably with classic analog compressors, Epoch also takes advantage of modern DSP, resulting in a more powerful tool that excels in both sonics and ease of use.
In addition to performing traditional dynamics tasks, Epoch introduces a new approach to compression by affecting the tonal character of a signal in relation to amplitude. The end result is that when Epoch compresses, it can simultaneously alter tone.
Epoch's technology includes transient detection, high quality oversampling, convolution, and FFT-based processing.
Epoch's Comb Filter Section features a 360° Phase Rotator and a Fractional Delay. The filtered signal is applied selectively by Epoch's powerful and flexible bespoke Dynamics Section.
Epoch's ergonomic UI is designed for convenience and control. Its simple front panel controls help you to balance Epoch's filtering and dynamic effects to achieve sublime results with speed and ease.
- Feed-Forward and Feed-Back Detection Circuits.
- Transient Sensitivity with Lookahead.
- Optical Detector Type Behaviour.
- Gate/Expander Type Behaviour.
- Program Dependent Release.
- High Quality Oversampling.
- External Side Chaining.
Comb Filter Section:
- Bi-Directional Sub-Sample Delay.
- 360° Phase Rotator.
- Undo/Redo with Unlimited History.
- Four Persistent Memory Banks.
- Double Precision Signal Path.
- Secret Sauce.