When creating FET Compressor, Softube set out to make the most accurate emulation of the most famous solid state compressor, and much effort has been spent modeling the real hardware to make sure that the emulation sounds exactly the same.
Every single part of the simulation contributes to making this piece unique. The extremely fast attack, all the subtle (and sometimes not so subtle) distortion that comes from the different parts of the compressor and the extremely careful way the signal is handled and conditioned throughout the signal chain.
On top of that Softube have added some useful features that still have that analog sound - but features that would've been hard or even impossible to implement with analog electronics - such as the continuous ratio, parallel compression, detector filtering and lookahead. That way you will be able to get the best of two worlds.
- Modeled analog compressor, input and output stages. Modeled everything.
- Modeled "All buttons in" mode.
- Continuous ratio (even between 20:1 and ALL).
- Super fast attack time (just like the original).
- Sweet input and output stage distortion.
- Parallel compression.
- Detector low and high cut filters.
- External side chain.
- Stereo with synchronized gain reduction.
- Very CPU friendly.