|Type / Tags|
|Utility||Stand-alone utility / application|
iPad, iOS 7 or higher
From a few simple elements complexity can arise. Fifth Degree is a MIDI sequencer based on a simple concept: loop around the musical circle of fifths in key and tweak the performance parameters live. You can use it to create a mesmerising loop and change the way it plays or use it as a base while you improvise alongside it with another instrument. You can even use it as a convenient loop of notes while you try out different sound patches on your synthesiser.
- Lean user interface that gathers the essential performance controls on the main screen.
- Fixed sequence of notes (ascending circle of fifths).
- Outputs to CoreMIDI output ports (virtual, network and physical).
- Keeps sending MIDI while in the background.
- Can send MIDI notes and MIDI clock, so other apps can choose to synchronise.
Fifth Degree is a MIDI sequencer app supporting any CoreMIDI output: virtual MIDI, MIDI over Wi-Fi and CoreMIDI compatible hardware interfaces. Since it is a sequencer it does not generate sounds on its own, so use it with your favourite CoreMIDI-compatible sound generation app or hardware.
Fifth Degree uses the MidiBus library from Audeonic.