FSQ1964 is a "vacuum tube high frequency / transient vitaliser", a useful tool when mixing your songs - it is capable of giving them a true sound, sharpness and boldness, according to G-Sonique.
FSQ1964 is not a classic enhancer, it joins two quality emphasizers of transients – Module 1 and Module 2. They can emphasize even the most muffled transients and make them sharp. In order to achieve maximal quality of the sound with minimum unwanted artifacts the sound is processed via a doubled oversampling algorithm.
FSQ1964 also features two "vacuum tube" modules to emphasize high frequencies. It is possible to set and emphasize two different high frequencies independently together with a possibility to edit their profiles with the parameters like tube harmonics, frequency, bandwidth, boost. While Module 1 affects more transients than trebles, Module 2 affects more trebles but also the transients.
FSQ1964 is not only a simple classic vintage emulation from the '70s. G-Sonique says it is also capable of imitating various hue characteristics from valved vintage devices from the past century to the most modern and transparent high-tech vacuum tube machines of the new millennia.
FSQ1964 is useful for emphasizing high frequencies and transients of beats and percussion, hi-hats, live acoustic guitars and other string instruments, synthesizers, etc. It is useful for re-mastering of old records. It is also useful for amateur bands to emphasize individual live music tracks which were recorded with less quality equipment (lower quality microphone, preamp, A/D convertor).
- Two independent modules for emphasizing transients (percussive highs of signal) dynamically joined with emphasizers of ultra-high frequencies.
- Two independent modules for emphasizing the high frequencies with the possibility of setting of dynamic hue characteristics (with parameters like tube harmonics, frequency, bandwidth and boost).
- Dynamic input and output amplifiers (you can set level of saturation).
- On/Off bypass switch for instant sound control (with and without effect).
- VU meter showing the level of analog saturation of signal.
- Double internal oversampling for achieving maximal quality of sound with minimum of unwanted artifacts.
- Preset manager.