G2500 is a Compressor/Limiter Library for Acustica Audio Nebula3 Pro and Nebula3 Server
- 192kHz, 96kHz, 88.2kHz, 48kHz, 44.1kHz.
- It was sampled and programmed in a way which allows ultra fast compression while still reproducing all the little nuances and characteristics of the original hardware and saving CPU.
- Separate Harmonic Distortion and Compression programs for the best quality with the least amount of CPU usage! (4 Kernel compressor programs also included).
- Control over the amount of Harmonic Distortion independently from the amount of compression from clean to distorted.
- Includes 3 LineAmp programs with different degrees of distortion, from subtle to heavily distorted.
- Includes 4 Kernel Compressor Programs and 1 Kernel Compressor Programs.
- Includes Combo programs! (All ratios non-stepped within one program).
- Includes Side Chain Filter Programs for Med and Loud Tone Control for chest hitting bottom end. ( Hint: "Trust", Can be used with all sidechain compressors).
- Includes Feedback and Feedforward compression version of all programs.
- Includes HQ versions of all programs (Using the TIMED engine).
- Features the internal high pass filter for all programs.
- Includes SC versions of all programs (For external side chain).
- Includes EX versions of all programs (For Nebula Compressor, offers extreme compression behavior for rendering).
- Includes NC versions of all programs (For Nebula Compressor, offers super fast compression behavior, less CPU than EX).
- Includes ME versions of all programs (For Nebula Compressor, offers medium fast compression behavior, less CPU than NC).
- Includes NL versions of all programs (For Nebula Compressor, offers fast compression behavior, less CPU than ME).
- Includes PEAK versions using the PEAK detection mode.
- Features Full, Medium and Basic Install - Just choose and install what you really need.
- Consists of 11306 programs.
- Library size 1.3GB.
- Requires Nebula3 Pro or Nebula Server version 1.3.600.
- To download the Demo, please click here: G2500 Demo (For Nebula3 Commercial 1.3.600).
- To get Nebula3 please visit www.acustica-audio.com
About the original hardware
This library is based on a very popular and versatile American compressor. It's most commonly used on busses, drums and for mastering but also shines on a variety of single signals like Piano, Bass, Vocals, Synths, Strings, and everything else.
The sampling process
The compressor has been carefully sampled at 96kHz, using top notch mastering converters, and high quality cables with levels carefully calibrated and matched to provide the highest quality. No destructive digital processing like normalization was used. The 192kHz, 88.2kHz, 48kHz and 44.1kHz programs where re-sampled using one of the best sample rate converters on the market.
This is a very versatile, fast, punchy and transparent compressor which can be used for a wide range of tasks in all kinds of musical styles. Its sound is very popular and can be heard on countless records. You can use it on single signals like Vocals, Drums, Guitars, Brass, Piano, Bass, Keyboards, on Busses or for mastering.
All Programs Feature The "Range" Parameter Which Controls An Internal High Pass Filter To Make The Compressor React Only To Frequencies Above The High Pass Frequency. The "Hq" Versions Offer Higher Quality While Needing More CPU Power. The "Sc"-versions Enable You To Trigger The Compression By An External Sidechain For Side Chain Compression Ong> The "Ex", "Nc", "Me" And "Nl" Versions Can Only Be Used With Nebula Compressor (Self Modified Copy Of Nebula) And Are In Hq By Default (Using Timed Engine). The "Ex" Programs Offer The Fastest Compression Behavior But Depending On Your Computer, They Might Only Work For Rendering. The "Nc" Programs Are Very Close To The "Ex" Programs But Need Less Cpu. The "Me" Programs Are A Bit Slower Than "Ex" And "Nc" But Use Much Less Cpu. The "Nl" Programs Are The Perfect Compromise Between Regular Programs And "Me" Programs, With Much Less CPU Usage And A Little Bit Slower Reaction Time Than The "Me" Programs. So For Every Scenario And Available Computing Power, There Is A Perfect Version To Choose From. Choose What Ever Program Version Your Computer Can Handle. The Programs With "Sc" In Their Name Are Program Versions For Use With An External Sidechain.
Tone Side Chain Filter
It is a very special eq curve sampled from the hardware which produces a chest hitting punchy bottom end when the side chain gets filtered by it. Lower frequencies get compressed less than higher frequencies. The "Loud" programs give you more of that effect than the "Medium" programs. In order to use the SCF you need to instantiate nebula with a SCF program into the sidechain of a "SC" compressor programs. How that works depends on your DAW. Here is one example: Send the signal you want to compress to two separate busses. On the first bus, instantiate nebula with a "SC" compressor program, on the second bus, instantiate nebula with a "SCF" program and send its output to input 3/4 of the nebula instance on the first bus.