Giada is a free, minimal, hardcore audio tool for DJs and live performers. How does it work? Just pick up your channel, fill it with samples or MIDI events and start the show by using this tiny piece of software as a loop machine, drum machine, sequencer, live sampler or yet as an effect (VST) host.
Giada aims to be a compact and portable virtual device for Linux, Mac OS X and Windows for production use and live sets.
- Ultra-lightweight internal design.
- Multi-thread/multi-core support.
- 32-bit floating point audio engine.
- Unlimited number of channels controlled via computer keyboard.
- Different playback modes and combinations.
- BPM and beat sync with sample-accurate loop engine.
- Built-in wave editor.
- VST and VSTi (instrument) plugin support.
- Live sampler from external inputs.
- Live quantizer.
- Piano Roll editor.
- Action recorder.
- Patch-based system.
- Support for all major uncompressed file formats.
- A constant stage of development.
- 100% open-source GPL.