|Type / Tags|
|Utility||Stand-alone utility / application|
GrooveCloud is a collaborative music sequencer for the Android platform that enables users to make music together. Within GrooveCloud, songs can be composed by multiple musicians at the same time. For example, imagine yourself arranging a drum pattern while a friend is taking care of the bass section and someone else is arranging the track. The interaction is also available in the mixer and the fx section, allowing remote set of the mix scene on all the devices connected.
GrooveCloud was designed to respond to a specific need: having a musical sketchpad with a "cloudy" feel. If you have experienced musical collaboration you are likely to have been into a number of frustrating problems like missing plugins, lost revisions, lost files. Also, the practice of bouncing projects might diminish the musical interaction always found in "live" jams.
GrooveCloud is truly a social sequencer, being connected to social networks like facebook, twitter and soundcloud, letting users interact with their real friends.
With GrooveCloud you are able to:
- edit sounds, tracks, mixer channels, MIDI notes on the cloud.
- share your tracks as sources to your friends to let them continue your creation.
- work on your tracks in real-time with your friends or with random people around the world.
- let other users interact with you musically.
- keep track of edit history.
- export your tracks to social networks and ogg or wav.
The GrooveCloud audio engine offers the following features:
- native audio I/O.
- per-note ADSR envelope.
- unlimited song length.
- 8 patterns.
- 8 tracks (Instruments and Drumkits).
- Mixer with reverb and delay.
GrooveCloud Open Beta is coming in Summer 2014.