|Type / Tags|
The Guitarron is probably the most overlooked bass instrument in the world of sample libraries - it is a 6 stringed fretless instrument which is commonly played in octaves in traditional Mariachi music. The Guitarron has also been employed on recordings by rock-pop artists as Jackson Browne (Linda Paloma), Linda Ronstadt (Canciones de mi Padre) and the Eagles (Hotel California). This is the instrument which inspired Ernie Ball to create the Acoustic Bass guitar in 1972.
Features of the Kontakt Guitarron Sample Library:
- Samples recorded with a microphone and a contact pickup, and each mic. type has 3 x Round Robin and 3 velocity layers. Harmonic samples are also recorded for both mic types.
- Extensive KSP scripting featuring, amongst others :
- Independent EQ and Volume control of each sample source.
- An Octave Button with Timing and Randomization control for easy Mariachi style Octave voicing.
- A sophisticated Auto-Slide page giving the user extensive control of KSP generated slides.
- A Key Switch Page where you can freely assign which key will trigger the various Key Switches.
- 7 different effects - each with its own Preset menu, so you can save and recall all the various parameters.
- 20 example Kontakt instruments (.nki) that demonstrate sound sculpting options and much more.
The full uncompressed size of this library is 478 MB. It has been Kontakt compressed (.ncw) down to 215 MB for convenience of downloading and rapid loading into Kontakt.
The Guitarron library is available at a introductory price of $44.95 until September 1, 2014.