Headphone Mix 3 is a special effect unit suitable for those who make their music on a headphone monitor system.
Headphone Mix combines environment simulation system, frequency compensate system and HRTF technologies to emulate the speaker feelings on your headphone. Headphone Mix is provided as a VST effect unit under Windows or an Add-on for Sound Magic Supreme Pianos.
Compared with speakers, headphone lacks the blend of two channels, reverb from air and reflections from ears, which may lead to the lack of imaging and false feelings on sound field. Headphone Mix solves this issue by blending both channels, adding extra reverb to the sound and applying HRTF to emulate reflections.
To make the simulation more accurate, Headphone Mix features an environment simulation system where you can set room size, damp degree and reverb time of your work space. By doing so, Headphone Mix could obtain a closer result to your speakers.
Another reason for headphone can not have the same feel as your speakers is the headphone amp. If your amp can not fit your headphone good enough, it will cause the frequency response is not as accurate as your speakers. To solve this issue, Headphone Mix 3features three special designed filters to compensate the loss on frequency response. Thus it gives you the ability to get closer to your speaker even if you are using a bad headphone amp.
A new key feature in Headphone Mix 3.0 is using different algorithms to emulate the Signal to Noise Ratio, Stereo Crosstalk and Frequency Response Curve of the several most commonly used playback devices. Evaluate the sound quality of your music on different playback devices. Hear what your music will sound like on HIFI devices, Computer Audio, Car Audio, Mobile Phones and MP3 players. Make your style of music explode on all of these devices, adjusting your sounds for optimal playback - without having to run out to your car with a CD that you just burned! Your music will sound better and more balanced on all of these devices, not just your monitors. You can even use it to make different versions of your music to better market to specific customer groups - which may lead to more music sales.
- A complete environment simulation system based on Reverb and HRTF.
- In-built custom HRTF algorithm which can load HRTF data to fit for different head types.
- The same Hybrid Reverb Technology used in Neo Reverb to ensure accurate environment simulation.
- Accurate modeling on Signal to Noise Ratio, Stereo Crosstalk and Frequency Respond Curve of common used playback devices. Such as Car Audio, iPhone, iPad, Android smart phones and Hi-end HIFI system.
- Three bands frequency compensate system.
- A.I.R.C technology which can compensate the loss in high frequency.
- 3 sliders to control the effect depth.
- Up to 32-bit/384kHz resolution.