|Price (MSRP)||$29 / €19|
|Type / Tags|
Max For Live
Max For Live
Herse is a M4L audio effect released in partnership with Ableton, designed to rearrange and process audio. It is composed by two main sections: the slicer grid, and the sequencers based effects.
Herse is the perfect device to refine your sound, massively or slightly. You can heavily process your drum loops, or add echoes and nice cuts and clicks to a guitar, a voice, or any other kind of source.
As an audio effect, Herse works with live audio input, so you can use it with your clips, or just feeding it singing, playing any sort instrument or any virtual instrument. The buffer works tightly linked to the audio input, so you do not need to wait before start slicing, just hit play and go.
Herse lets you apply different effects amount to any step: each parameter takes advantage of an exclusive step sequencer. You can even morph between 4 steps configurations, taking their snapshots and using the morph fader. You can set up any step number from 2 up to 16.
Both Herse's slicing grid and step sequencers are based on an exclusive time resolution engine: in addition to a main resolution, a variation can be applied; a fader is available to set which should be used, basing on probabilities. This creates many possibilities to twist your sound. You can also increase the swing amount to make it fit perfectly in your groovy live set.
- Powerful Time Engine: Main and variation time resolutions, variation probabilities, swing, changing number of steps on the fly. Herse does all of this, always staying linked to the Live' transport: it's all you need to create simple or complex rearranging functions.
- Ready To Play: You do not need to wait a bar to hear results from the slicer: Herse writes and reads the buffer in real time.
- Slice Them All: Use the slicer grid to rearrange your music: move just some slices, or create several new patterns from the same audio clip.
- Always Linked To Transport: You can use DrunkWalk mode, Freeze the current step or apply time Variations easily: Herse is always linked to the transport. You can also start play from the middle of a bar, and the sequencers amount will be exactly the same.
- Choose Your Weapons: You get several effects to process your music: roll, waveshaper, amplitude envelope, lopass filter, amplitude modulation, resonator, volume.
- Each Step, Its Amount: For each effects you can set a maximum amount, then refine it step by step using the dedicated step sequencers.
- Need More? Morph!: You can even store up to 4 snapshots of sequencers configurations. Then you already know: just move the morph slider to get a lot of fun.
More infos, video, audio, manuals on product page.