The IQ-Comp is a compressor equipped with intelligence to achieve perfect results for all sorts of audio material. No matter if vocals, drums or other instruments: The HOFA IQ-Comp permanently adjusts all the relevant settings to fit the musical needs. Therefore it delivers the sonically best compression, depending on your settings.
Beyond that, the IQ-Comp is able to link the gain reduction with the integrated equalizer if needed.
This feature allows you for example to boost the bass frequencies of the singer at the loudest parts and allows you to use completely new EQ variants depending on the compressors gain reduction e.g. while compressing drums.
- Compressor with supremely intelligent/adaptive attack-, release- and ratio-settings.
- Simple handling, concise representation.
- Optimized for maximum compression with minimal artifacts (in your face sound).
- Mono, stereo, dual mono, MS (Lat Vert) operation modes, side chaining and parallel-compression.
- Innovative link-up of gain reduction with the two on-board EQs.
- Allows precise equalization according to the compressor's gain reduction.
- Arbitrary shelving and peak filters can be used on the new high quality EQ.
- EQ look ahead function for maximum transient punch.
- Innovative level & frequency reduction display for ideal optical control.
- Changeable plugin window size.
- "Set as default" preset.
- Supports all common sample frequencies.
- PC and Mac, 32- and 64-bit DAWs.
The HOFA IQ-Comp provides for:
- A very dense vocal- and drum sound without technical artifacts.
- Simple realization of "warm", "colorful" or simply novel and experimental compression sounds.
- Stable drum sounds even when played very dynamically.
- "Triggered EQ" when mixing real drums: e.g. while processing the snare track the hi-hat remains gentle even if a lot of high frequencies are added.
- Subtle to heavy dynamic processing, if necessary linked with precise to radical EQing.
- Many innovative and accurate intervention options during mastering by use of CompLinkEQs in conjunction with MS processing, parallel compression, look ahead ...