|Product||HoRNet VU Meter MK3|
|Type / Tags|
Windows XP or later
Intel Mac, OS X 10.6 or later
The HoRNet VU Meter MK3 is a digital VU meter with auto gain staging and grouping functions, the new GUI comes straight from the 24th century and hides an intelligent tool that will improve your gain staging and mixing.
When you record your tracks its useful to have a loudness indicator like the VU meter that with its 300ms of integration time gives you a helpful view of the perceived loudness of your signal. Used in conjunction with a peak meter it can help you to improve your miking technique, VU Meter MK3 also has a calibration setting that will allow you to set the 0VU point to the best level for your A/D converters.
In mixing VU Meter is even more useful thanks to the auto gain feature. Gain staging is a crucial part of every mix, especially if you use analog emulating plugins, hitting them too high means creating too much distortion that then adds up in the mix.
To avoid this you can simply engage the automatic gain function of VU Meter MK3 that will adjust the internal gain to make the signal peak at your desired level (between -3 and +3 VU). With transient heavy sounds it may happens that auto gain boosts too much your tracks and drive them into clipping, to avoid this we have provided a max. peak ceiling that will prevent your signal from going higher than the set value.
With the addition of the grouping function you can group instances of vu meters and apply auto gain, reference and color settings to every instance belonging to the same group with just one click speeding up your gain staging routines dramatically.
- VU Meter spec. conformity (300ms attack and release time).
- VU Peak hold.
- RED Blink clipping indicator.
- reference level settable from -60 to 0 dBFS.
- input gain from -30dB to +15dB.
- bar color freely selectable.
- Stereo automatic gain adjustment with 6 different settings.
- Peak protection between (no peak can exceed the set limit).
- Auto Gain and meter setting can be set to whole group at once.
- Eight different assignable groups.
- Stereo display.
- Mac OS X (>=10.6 intel only) and Windows support.
- 64-bit compatibility both on Mac and Windows.
- Audio Units, VST, VST3, RTAS and AAX format.