impOSCar is an emulation of the classic British synth the OSCar, faithfully recreating all the features of the original hardware synthesizer, plus adding some notable new features of its own. It is capable of loading original sounds via SysEx and tape (via WAV files) and adds additional features such as a fully polyphonic mode, keyboard velocity responses and additional filter modes.
Features of 2.0 version:
- Mono, duo and 4 polyphonic modes.
- 2 Oscillators, 13 Waveforms.
- Programmable Additive Wave Matrix.
- Unique filter section: 9 filter types with Drive, Cutoff, Q and Separation.
- Two Envelope Generators.
- Mono, duo and polyphonic arpeggiator with 4 modes.
- 5 Keyboard Triggering modes.
- Extensive LFO section with sync.
- 6 portamento modes.
- Powerful Effects section.
- Programmable Velocity responses.
- MIDI Learn with storable CC maps.
- A vast range of sonic possibilities.
- 500+ Patch library. Including sounds from many original OSCar users including Billy Currie (Ultravox), Mark Moore (S-Express) Rick Smith (Underworld), Lee Groves (Basement Jaxx, Terminalhead), Tim Dorney (Republica) and Paul Wiffen, original OSCar sound designer and OSCar programmer to Stevie Wonder & Jean Michel Jarre.