KVR Rank: 5325 4801 [30-Day: 4922; 7-Day: 4366; Yesterday: 4021]
2 members are following Inerthia Compressor and 3 members are following the Outhouse @ KVR.
Inerthia Compressor is a variable VCA to Opto compressor plug-in.
- Latency free. Zero ms Latency unless you hit the LAH ( Look A Head) 4 ms button. Then it would be 4 milliseconds LAH effectively killing any poor transient you might have had.
- Fast Attack time from 0 ms.
- Fast Release with PDR (Program Dependent Release).
- Variable knee from Soft through Linear to Hard.
- Variable character from true VCA to Opto.
- A nice sounding Lowcut filter and Hicut filter with Q knobs so that you can add some bottom or high-end to your material. It also has a semi automatic bypass button that lets you double check what you are doing.
- A vintage styled SClip (softclip).
- A very broad Bandpass Side-chain that makes it easy to use as e.g. DeEsser or to get a vintage styled compression. A listen button lets your hear your sidechain signal and while that is engaged a flashing light above the Ratio knob will tell you that you are in "Listening mode".
- A mix parameter to mix the dry signal with the compressed. Also called Parallel Compression or New York Compression.
- A input gain Trim to adjust for low gain signals or to modify the fixed Threshold (-30dB).
- Works at sample rate which gives nice result. Especially if you belong to the lucky few that gets to use 88.2kHz or more. The higher the sample rate the more times the new gain will be computed. At 44100 the new gain will be computed 44100 times per second. At 192kHz it will be computed 192000 times per second.
- Two old-style VUs that can be set in 3 ways to display different things. e.g. VU 1 shows Left channel Output and VU 2 shows the Gain Reduction.
- A variable Peak meter that displays Input, Gain Reduction and Output. It can be set to display from -60dB up to -6dB by simply dragging your mouse up and down in the Peak meter area. Watch the result in the presets area or around the meters.