Easy MIDI recording for iPhone/iPod touch/iPad
Record and play back any MIDI sequence.
Available free at the App Store, iRig MIDI Recorder is a simple app that can be used to record and play back any MIDI sequence from and to any kind of MIDI-equipped musical instrument.
iRig MIDI Recorder requires the iRig MIDI hardware interface from IK Multimedia, and it is the perfect companion app to iRig MIDI for mobile MIDI recording and storage.
iRig Recorder and iRig MIDI together allows you to:
- Record real-time MIDI performances from keyboards, pedal boards, drum machine, drum pads or any other type of MIDI controller.
- Record data dumps from your MIDI devices in order to back up and restore their contents and settings later or to another unit.
- Monitor the incoming MIDI signal to troubleshoot a MIDI setup or check what is being transmitted by MIDI devices.
- All MIDI recordings will be automatically organized in iRig MIDI Recorder by creation date.
When needed, recordings can be exported via Wi-Fi, Email and iTunes File Sharing in Standard MIDI file format.
- Convenient, easy-to-use mobile MIDI recording and playback application. Just launch the app and press RECORD.
- Perfect companion to iRig MIDI.
- Integrated MIDI monitor with independent indications for Notes, Control Changes, SysEx and other MIDI message types.
- Allows for filtering MIDI Messages types that doesn't need to be recorded or played.
- Automatically organize your MIDI recordings by creation date.
- Automatically handle iRig MIDI Firmware version check and updates.
- MIDI Soft Thru function to send to the MIDI OUT port what is being received on the MIDI IN port.
- Input OMNI: can record on 16 MIDI channels simultaneously or can be limited to Channel 1 only.