|Type / Tags|
JAMP MK1 is a free guitar amp VST effect plug-in based on real tube emulation.
Version 1.4 introduces a a new distortion renderer (less metallic, more tube-like).
- 4 channels: clean, crunch (light), overdrive, distortion.
- A Pre gain (overdrive knob) to adjust the amount of drive.
- 1 three way stack (Equalizer).
- 2 included spring reverb models with adjustable reverb level. Fast convolution engine.
- 5 cabinets emulations. Cabinet simulation can be turned off.
- Works at 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz and 96 kHz.
- Available in 64 and 32-bits.
- Available with and without GUI.
The plugin is reactive to guitar volume (like real ones) and accepts a lot of plugins before (compressor, distortion, etc.).
All filters are IIR to reduce the processing delay (less than 0.5 ms). Ideal for live playing. The cabinet simulation does not include room effect has usually found for this kind of simulation (its simulates only spectral characteristics of cabinet). So it sounds very dry if you hear it with a headphone, but it sounds better if you play it in a real room trough flat loudspeaker or in a mix.
The version 1.3 is working at 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz and 96 kHz.
Sound demos are here (the demos use only the JAMP plugin): soundcloud.com/julien-faure-7
Live playing demos: www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlij9VQ1usI