Kern is a polyphonic software synthesizer plug-in for Microsoft Windows (VST) and Apple macOS (VST/AU) designed to run with and to be fully controlled by modern MIDI keyboard controllers like the Novation Impulse. It is written in native C++ code for high performance and extremely low CPU consumption. Main features are:
- Streamlined to be used with MIDI keyboard controllers; all parameters can be controlled by MIDI CC.
- MIDI Learn.
- Two alternative user panels.
- 32 voices polyphony including portamento.
- Two band-limited oscillators including Hard Sync.
- 4-pole zero-delay feedback lowpass filter (two types).
- Two envelopes, one LFO.
- Chorus effect.
- Double precision audio processing.
- MIDI Learn – all parameters can be controlled by MIDI CC.
- Plug-in supports Windows and macOS (32-bit and 64-bit).
Watch the preview/demo video of Kern at YouTube.