|Product||Koron: Traditional Instruments of Iran|
|Type / Tags|
Kontakt full version 5.5.2+
11GB disk space
2011 or later processor
Impact Soundworks Koron: Traditional Instruments of Iran is a collection of 10 authentic Middle Eastern instruments (5 melodic, 5 percussive) for Kontakt, including over 17,000 samples, 1,200+ performances, and dozens of playing techniques/articulations.
The library was created as a collaboration between Impact Soundworks and producer Siavash Mozaffari, who traveled to Iran to record all the instruments in their native land.
KORON includes the following instruments:
- Kamanche: Four-stringed bowed instrument thought to be an ancestor of the Western violin.
- Santoor: A type of hammered dulcimer with a haunting and resonant tone.
- Setar: Four-stringed plucked and strummed instrument with a long neck and movable frets.
- Tanbour: An ancient fretted and strummed instrument with three sets of strings.
- Tar: A crucial instrument in Iranian classical music with three sets of two unison strings played by plucking and strumming.
- Bendir: Wooden frame drum with a skin membrane, played with fingers and brushes.
- Daf: Larger Persian frame drum reinforced with metal rings, thought to be a precursor to the tambourine.
- Kuzeh: Unique Iranian instrument constructed from clay with holes that can be opened or closed to create fascinating sounds when struck, similar in some ways to the tone of an Indian tabla.
- Tombak: Goblet-shaped hand drum that is foundational to Persian music with a wide top, great for both bassier tones and treble-heavy rim hits.
- Zarbe Zoorkhaneh: Over 2,000 years old and originally used by knights during fitness workouts, a larger version of the Tombak.
Impact Soundworks included as many key playing techniques as possible within the library: ranging from simple sustain articulations, short notes, and ornaments, to legato and glissando playing, and dozens of drum strokes. All instruments include multiple dynamic layers, round robins, and (where possible) samples across multiple strings.
- 17,000+ samples / 10GB.
- 10 instruments total.
- 2 mic positions.
- Per-articulation envelope settings.
- All-in-one percussion patch.
- Microtuning support and native authentic scales.
- 9 instruments worth of performances and phrases in multiple tempos, time signatures.
- Built-in easy FX rack.
- Total Articulation Control Technology - TACT.
- Performance patches with easy phrase editor.
Koron: Traditional Instruments of Iran is available for Kontakt 5.5.2+ (full version, not Player) for the list price of $199.