|Product||Kramer Master Tape|
|Type / Tags|
|Copy Protection||Online Activation (Challenge / Response)|
Developed in association with Eddie Kramer, the Kramer Master Tape plugin is modeled on a rare machine consisting of an Ampex 350 transport and 351 electronics. With adjustable tape speed, bias, flux, wow & flutter, and noise parameters, the MPX provides comprehensive control over the contours of your sound. And to top it off, Waves added a flexible slap & feedback delay, ideal for rock, dance, dub, you name it. For recording, mixing, mastering, and more, bring the richness and warmth of real tape saturation to your DAW with the MPX Master Tape.
The Dream Team
Special thanks go out to Eric Schilling (Shakira, Gloria Estefan, Natalie Cole, Elton John) who provided Waves with the machine, Bob Olhsson (Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye, Diana Ross) and especially John Haeny (Bonnie Raitt, Weather Report, Jackson Browne, Linda Ronstadt, Jim Morrison, Tom Jones), who provided invaluable assistance in the development of the MPX plugin.
- Modeled on the Ampex 350/351 1/4" reel-to-reel.
- Adjustable tape speed, bias, flux, wow & flutter.
- Slap & feedback delay.
- Up to 24-bit 96kHz resolution.
- Mono and Stereo components.
- Supports TDM, RTAS, Audio Suite, VST, AU.
- PC and Mac compatible.
- SPEED selects the simulated tape speed.
- MONITOR selects the monitoring mode.
- BIAS controls the level of the ultrasonic bias signal.
- VU METER displays input or output level.
- VU CALIBRATION controls the VU meter headroom calibration.
- DELAY TIME controls the time of the tape delay effect, with settings for 7.5 ips (266 milliseconds) and 15 ips (133 ms).
- DELAY TYPE toggles between delay modes.
- FEEDBACK controls the amount of the delayed output signal.
- LOWPASS controls the LP cutoff frequency on the delay path.
- RECORD LEVEL controls the input level.
- LINK I/O links Record and Playback Levels controls.
- PLAYBACK LEVEL controls the total signal output level.
- FLUX controls the level of simulated magnetic radiation emitted from the record head.
- WOW & FLUTTER controls the speed and gain modulations and fluctuations.
- NOISE controls the level of added modeled noise but not noise modulations and signal additive noise.