|Type / Tags|
Lector is a Vocoder plug-in: Robot voices, whispering strings, talking drum loops, rhythmic pads, the resonant ringing of bells, dripping water - the possibilities are all but infinite. With a quick tweak here and there, Lector turns any incoming signal into novel sounds and effects. Tremendously versatile, the Lector puts in your hands a sonic toolset for a wide range of diverse applications. Just about anything goes, from distorting the human voice to adding subtle harmonies to lead vocals and getting creative with movie soundtracks.
The analysis filter bank splits the incoming audio signal into as many as 100 frequency bands, the intensity of which modulates the volume levels of an equal number of band-pass filters in the synthesis filter bank. The integrated 16-voice synthesizer or an external source provides the input signal for the synthesis filter bank. This lets you do fun things like apply a melody line or chord sequence to articulate vocals or speech.
When Waldorf set out to develop the Lector, they looked long and hard at what it takes to make a powerful vocoder tick. This why you will find on the ergonomic user interface some special features and unusual parameters that let you tweak even the most minute details. The fabled Waldorf multimode filter with slope of 12dB or 24dB features prominently. You also get a whitening filter that bleaches the signal before it is colored by the vocoder. This comes in very handy when you're processing choir and voice samples. A three-band equalizer serves to boost and cut whatever frequencies of the generated signal you wish to target.
The integrated 16-voice synthesizer sports two oscillators with quintessential analog waveforms such as sine, triangle, sawtooth, and square with variable pulse width, sample & hold and noise, as well as freely loadable single and multi-samples. FM and ring modulation enrich the vocoder's signal with further overtone spectra. The Lector also offers a selection of typical effects used to refine vocoder signals - tube overdrive, transistor distortion and hard clipping, six-voice chorus / flanger, synchronizable stereo delay, and realistic reverb.
- 3 to 100 band Vocoder.
- Adjustable range of Analysis Filter Bank.
- Adjustable offsets and LFO modulation of Synthesis Filter Bank.
- 3-band Equalizer with variable mid band.
- Individual Compressors for Speech and Carrier signal.
- Voiced / Unvoiced Detector.
- Overdrive (types Tube, Diode, Clip).
- Stereo Chorus / Flanger, 2 to 6 stages.
- Stereo Delay, synchronizable.
- Sidechain input (VST 3 and Audio Unit).
- Carrier plug-in (VST 2).
16-voice Synthesizer (per voice):
- Polyphonic, Monophonic or Free-Running.
- 2 Oscillators, waveforms sine, triangle, sawtooth, pulse with pulse width modulation, sample&hold, noise, single and multi sample playback.
- Ring Modulation.
- Portamento / Glissando.
- 1 Filter, types Lowpass, Bandpass, Highpass, Notch (12dB and 24dB), Whitening.
- 1 LFO, synchronizable, waveforms sine, triangle, sawtooth, square, sample&hold, noise.
- 2 AR envelopes.