|Type / Tags|
|Utility||Stand-alone utility / application|
iOS 4.2 + for CoreMIDI support.
iOS 6 & iPhone 5 compatible.
Lemur is a professional iOS controller app. It allows the user to control anything. Lemur can control DJ software, live electronic music performance software, studio production software (DAWs), VJ software, visual synthesis software, stage lighting and more. In fact, any software or hardware that can be controlled by MIDI/OSC can be controlled by Lemur.
The physics engine, which can make faders and balls bounce, allows anything from a slight organic feel to absolutely chaotic modulations. Lemur goes deep: it comes with more than twice as many objects as comparable apps. Options for adjusting the look and feel of objects are vast, and connection to your gear is simple.
A Lemur user can share and access templates from top artists and the Lemur community. Some of these are actual templates used on stage, others are pure studio or creative tools.
Lemur features an In App Editor so you can create or tweak your interface anywhere.
- Objects - Fader; Multislider, Range; Multiball; Knob; RingArea; Switches; Pads; Custom Button; Container; Breakpoint; Leds; LemurMenu; Monitor; SignalScope; SurfaceLCD; Text.
- Physics - The behaviour of many Lemur objects can be affected by powerful and easy to use physical models which can make the controller bounce, rebound and oscillate.
- Scripting - There's a powerful scripting engine inside Lemur allowing the user to build extremely dynamic templates.
- Editor - The Lemur editor, is a cross-platform (OS X/Windows) interface builder that allows the user to create new Lemur templates or edit existing ones. The drag & drop interface makes it easy to use. It allows the user to create anything from the simplest set of faders to the most complex groovebox with no hassle.
- Connectivity - Lemur supports Wi-Fi and CoreMIDI allowing the user to use hardware interfaces such as Alesis' iO Dock or the iConnectMIDI or class-compliant USB MIDI interfaces (with a camera connection kit). Lemur can be used to control up to 8 computers from one iPad.