Ableton Live is about making music. When you're writing and composing, Live is quick and responsive. When you want to record and develop your ideas, Live has the depth and toolset for intricate production. It's got the features to take your DJ skills to the next level and it's stable and flexible on stage, whether you're playing in front of 10 or 10,000 people.
Live 9 comes in three editions: Intro, Standard and Suite. The editions share common features, but Standard and Suite have additional features, Instruments, Packs and Effects.
Here are the features common to all editions of Live 9:
- Unique Session View for quick, intuitive composition, flexible performance and improvisation.
- Multitrack recording up to 32-bit/192 kHz.
- Non-destructive editing with unlimited undo.
- Powerful MIDI sequencing of software and hardware instruments.
- Advanced warping and real-time time-stretching.
- Unlimited Instruments, Audio effects and MIDI effects per project.
- Group tracks.
- VST and Audio Unit support.
- Time signature changes.
- Multiple automation lanes.
- Track Freeze.
- Automatic plug-in delay compensation.
- MIDI remote control instant mapping.
- MIDI output to hardware synths.
- MIDI Clock/sync.
- Multicore/multiprocessor support.
- WAV, AIFF, MP3, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC file support.
A detailed feature comparison is available here.