$29.99 (or Free with hardware)
|Type / Tags|
|Copy Protection||Customized Per Customer|
MCAudioLab EQ1 is a passive EQ VST and AU plug-in for Windows and Mac OS X. It's a software emulation of the hardware EQ1.
With the software version you get a number of additional goodies: dual channel operation (L-R or M-S) with linked or independent controls, switchable tube/solid state power supply and master output level controls.
- Single channel class A 3-band passive tube equalizer.
- LF: shelving, typical Boost/Cut controls, stepped frequency selector (Boost 1x, Cut 10x).
- HMF Boost: parametric, stepped frequency selector, Q control.
- HF Cut: shelving, stepped frequency selector.
- Extremely low distortion and noise floor, high headroom.
- Tube make-up gain stage with Lundahl transformer in output.
- 3-LED output level meter.
- True bypass switch.
- Separate Ground and Earth lift switches to avoid ground loops.
- Optional solid state power supply (EQ1ch).
- Never tried hardware version, but tried a lot of Eqs and tube Eqs as plugins, for the money this does exactly as its description implies and does it extremely well. The added harmonics from each version are definitely its best selling quality. I was stunned after running a drum loop through at its richness and warmth in depth, especially in the low end, this is not your average go to EQ, neither is it one you will constantly use, but, and this is a a big but, this is one serious characterful EQ and if you are after sheer deep lo end and warmth, even better in Mid/side mode, then it is a must have. The two modes each offer various tonal artefacts and for me it is sheer brilliance for taking a poor sample such as a kick drum and or drum loops and running them through as though it were some expensive outboard, the results then speak for themselves. To date I think this is SKnote's best plugin yet, and it beats some of my far more expensive ones too, recommended.