MDrummer by MeldaProduction claims to be the "ultimate drum machine and virtual drummer." Well, many companies make many claims, so I approached this plugin with skepticism. But after three days of intensive exploration, tweaking, and noodling, I found myself in full agreement — this is a phenomenal drum/rhythm plugin.
MDrummer really does seem to have endless possibilities. I was able to create any kind of sound I could think of with the sound generator via synthesis or sample (acoustic, electronic, percussive, scratching, etc.). I could then pile up layer upon layer with effects, build a zillion drum-sets, and get it moving and shaking with any genre rhythm in any time signature.
The rhythm generator was the main reason I gave it a go. I'm not a drummer, but I want sound like one. I created a simple beat that fit my track, and then generated variations, intros and fills. It's an amazing feature. If MDrummer was scaled down to only the rhythm generator, I would still consider it a must have and a good value. But it has many other things going for it. . .
• Easy installation, but takes time due to big library
• Inspiring, easy-on–the-eyes GUI with a simple and resizable interface
• Gigs of great sounding drumsets and loops
• Several sound generators for samples and synthesis
• Integrated Sequencer with humanization and shuffling
• Tempo adjustments and rhythm changes throughout a song
• In vivo value changes while tweaking
• World-class MeldaProduction effects (EQ, compressors, distortions, phaser, vibrato, tremolo, etc.)
• Jamming mode
• MIDI file drag & drop
And my two favorite features besides the rhythm generator are. . .
• Lots of support (help system, tutorials, responsive developers)
• FREE lifetime updates.
MDrummer has a strong, loyal user following. So, I'm confused! Why isn't everyone using this thing? I highly recommend MDrummer to any e-musician, sound designer, songwriter, or producer who is looking for a primary rhythm box with endless possibilities or a secondary source to help generate unique rhythms that can trigger other plugins. I give MDrummer three thumbs up and my virtual hat is off to MP for developing such a wonderful plugin. Thank you!