Metallurgy is a multi-effect that is capable of providing sounds ranging from basic, subtle, filter tweaks to twisted, complex, walls of sound that bare virtually no resemblance to the original audio.
Metallurgy offers 3 filters with multiple modulation options (including step sequencing), 2 distortions (each with 3 modes), 2 down-samplers, dual delay, an envelope follower, a gate sequencer, and a Metal effect that, in addition to flanging and metallic effects, also provides the ability to produce pitched sequences, nearly turning Metallurgy into an synth in its own right.
Metallurgy has been designed with synths, bass, and drums in mind, but is useful with a wide range of sound types and comes with over 500 categorized patches.
- Metal effect:
- Used for metallic sounds, flanging, and sequenced notes.
- 16 step pitch sequencer with a 5 octave note range, portamento, and sequence length.
- Low pass, band pass, and high pass.
- All 3 filters can function at the same time, running in parallel.
- Each filter has its own LFO.
- 16 step sequencer with mod amount control for each filter, glide, and sequence length.
- Each filter has its own volume control.
- Filth 1 and 2; each includes:
- Distortion with 3 modes.
- LFO controls the down-samplers (8 modes, including positive and negative options).
- Filth 1 = pre filter, Filth 2 = post filter.
- Gate sequencer:
- 16 steps.
- Gate length control.
- Mix control.
- Dual Delay:
- Each has its own time controls.
- Stereo width adjustment.
- Envelope follower:
- Modulate any/all of the 3 filter cutoffs.
- Modulate Metal time + the Metal's all pass filter.
- Amount, attack and decay controls.
- Randomizers are provided for most sections.
- MIDI CC control over nearly all parameters.
- Host BPM sync for LFOs and sequencers.
- Mono signal path.
- MIDI note control of the Metal pitch/gate.
- Pan sequencing (as part of the gate sequencer).
- Pan control for each filter + pan modulation.