$9.99 on iOS / Free with magazines
|Type / Tags|
The iPad version is available to purchase in the App Store.
Features (Mac & Win):
- Additive Waveshaping Synthesizer (Mixture between VirSyn Cube and VirSyn TERA).
- 3 Oscillators (Sinus, Tune & Fine-Tune, individual Lever-Potis, Pitch and Level can be modulated).
- 32 Voices per Instance.
- 2 LFOs (Rate, Sync to Part & MIDI & Voice & Key, Waveforms: Sine, Triangle, Square, Ramp up, Ramp down, S&H, Random).
- 2 Multi segment Envelopes, each Envelope can have 64 segments.
- On-Screen Keyboard with Modulation wheel and Pitch-Bend (Range up to -/+ 36 Octaves).
- The heart of the microTERA: the Additive Shaper with Spectrum and Noise Parameter.
- 3 effects: Distortion, Delay, Modulation.
- Amp Section: Level and Pan can be modulated, LoFi-FX (Bit reducer and Sampling rate Reducer).
- 128 Presets.
- The well known Slotmachine: "intelligent" Randomize Function.
- Waveshaping Synthesizer:
- Wavehaper with user programmable shape.
- Spectral shape specification.
- Three sine oscillators.
- Feedback input for noise components.
- 4 Low frequency oscillators.
- 4 Envelopes with tempo sync.
- 64 time/level segments per envelope.
- Monophonic or polyphonic with 16 voices.
- More than 160 factory presets, unlimited user presets can be shared.
- Chorus with four delay lines.
- 8 pole Analog Phaser.
- Distortion effect with Tube/Tape emulation.
- Stereo Echo/Delay effect.
- Hi end reverberation unit.
- Play melodies live with the onscreen keyboard. Drag fingers for slides and vibrato.
- Optionally use CoreMIDI* compatible hardware keyboard.
- Dozens of scales selectable.
- Variable Keyboard layout for scale optimized playing.
- Full featured programmable Arpeggiator.
- Uses programmable sequences with up to 32 steps.
- Can trigger single notes and chords.
- Unique randomizer generates Arpeggios with 100% usability.
- 32 Arpeggios included, unlimited user arpeggios possible.
- For each step you can program tie, accent, transposition and note order.
- Audiobus compatible (Input slot).
- Inter App Audio.
- Audio pasteboard. Copy audio recordings to Clipboard for use with other Apps (e.g. Intua BeatMaker and many others).
- Exchange user presets with File Sharing in iTunes.
- Support for virtual MIDI input connections.
- Publish loops and recordings online with the SoundCloud audio platform.
Price: $9.99 in the App Store.
Reviewed By VicDiesel
December 17, 2003
This is a limited synth: I believe the developer described it as something like "the left pinkie of Tera". It has only one sound generation mode, which is wave shaping. This makes it a bit of a one trick pony, but it's a cool trick (and it's a cheap trick :-) so that's fine.
The sounds are interesting. I've been able to make some bass sounds that were quite usable.
The problem is that wave shaping is rather un-intuitive. You have 3 sine wave oscillators, and some "spectrum" knobs, and other stuff you don't see on your daily VA. There is no good documentation, so I felt like groping around in the dark: I couldn't give much direction to my experimentation. I have no idea what wave shaping does, and how twisting one know or another will influence the sound. I can make different sounds, but it's hard to realize a sound you're looking for. Everything's more or less an accident.
But hey, you get a rather unique instrument (unless you already own Tera) that makes some cool noises for almost nothing. Who can really complain?Read more
Reviewed By kalkin
December 14, 2003