|Product||Modular Chaos Engine #1 - Found|
|Type / Tags|
A chaotic drum machine for a chaotic world.
The Modular Chaos Engine #1 is a "found sound" drum machine with a 785 natural sounds and a complex but simple to use 12 x 12 track sequencing engine triggered by MIDI notes and controllable in real time with CCs.
You can use anything from a grunting pig, to a firework display, to a stamp on the stage at Glyndebourne Opera House as your "kick" drum and combine it with a "snare" made from a Ladyshave mixed with a walk through deep snow, and a hi hat made from crackling onion skins or a wobbly horse fence. There are an unthinkable amount of sound possibilities lurking in there.
- 785 individual samples (including up to 20 variations of each sound) mapped to 12 sample engines from C1 upwards.
- 160MB download.
- 12 complex 12 track sequencers triggered from keys C0 and above (adjustable).
- The Chaos button for instant randomisation.
- The Order button for an instant return to normality.
- Comprehensive editing with quick edit system for control of all sounds together, or individual editing of tune, time, low pass filter, high pass filter, attack, decay and volume.
- Individual per engine articulation controls.
- Separate sequence tracks for sound selection, accent, decay, pan and tuning per note.
- Chaotic "looper" control with 32 looping algorithms.
- All controls MIDI learn-able.
- Inbuilt instruction manual.
Available for the FULL version of Kontakt 4 and above.
£20 from Sound-Dust
£35 for the bundle of #1 and #2.