|Product||Modular Chaos Engine #1.1 - Found|
|Type / Tags|
A chaotic drum machine for a chaotic world.
The Modular Chaos Engine #1.1 is a "found sound" drum machine with a 785 natural sounds and 2 complex but simple to use 12 x 12 track sequencing engines triggered by MIDI notes and controllable in real time with CCs.
You can use anything from a grunting pig, to a firework display, to a stamp on the stage at Glyndebourne Opera House as your "kick" drum and combine it with a "snare" made from a Ladyshave mixed with a walk through deep snow, and a hi hat made from crackling onion skins or a wobbly horse fence. There are an unthinkable amount of sound possibilities lurking in there.
- Boom Engine page - 12 user programmable, key triggered patterns with 12 tracks per pattern. Up to 62 sounds available per note.
- Snap Engine page - 12 user programmable, key triggered patterns with 12 tracks per pattern. 15 sounds available per note (K5 only).
- One Shot Kit page -5 octaves of programmable one shot kits with chaos and order parameter randomisation control.
- Sends and Master FX page - control of master levels, master EQ and Transient designer (K5 only).
- 700+ original 24-bit samples.
- Instrument presets (.nki's) for Kontakt 4 and Kontakt 5.
- 2 Vintage sampler emulation preset modes (K5 only).
- Boom/snap Engines - drawable, per note control of: sound selection, volume, reverb send, hold time, low pass filter, pan, sample start, tune, compression (K5 only).
- Boom/snap Engines - sound selection chaos control (K5 only).
- Boom/snap Engines - timing chaos control (K5 only).
- Boom/snap Engines - 'remix' control with 32 loop variations.
- Boom/snap Engines - 16 or 32 beat per track selection.
- Boom/snap Engines - solo & mute per sound.
- Boom/snap Engines - copy/paste of patterns & tracks.
- Swing amount control for extra hippity hoppity per engine.
- One Shot Kits - individually editable note articulations with jitter, release, flam, drag, ruff, roll, muted, speed roll & geiger settings.
- One Shot Kits - per note control of reverb send, pitch, high & low pass filters, volume attack & decay, volume & pan.
- Built in instruction manual in RTFM tab.
Found#1.1 needs a FULL version of Konakt5 and will not run in Kontakt4, but there is still the original version#1 which runs in both Kontakt4 & 5. Please don't buy this if you are using Kontakt Player.
£25 from Sound-Dust
Reviewed By matteogk
November 9, 2015
First of all, MCE #1.1 Found Sounds is pure fun and a joy to play.
Second, it sounds great (do not expect an 808 like stuff, but this is obvious), and all these "found sounds" are a constant surprise, perfect for minimal and glitchy drum patterns, but also as an add on to other genres rhythmic loops.
Third, programming in the Chaos Engine is easy, intuitive and an endless journey, and if you love discovering and mixing sounds together this is like heaven.
Fourth, just open the "mapping editor" to see what a painstakingly work of patience is living behind this kontakt instrument (all my respect).
Fifth, I love it, use it and dance with it, therefore I simply wish to say "thank you" to Pendle fron Sound Dust.Read more