|Type / Tags|
Monitor MSX5 is headphone monitoring system designed for professional musicians and mix-engineers, which are producing and mixing on headphones.
While you are producing or mixing on headphones, you can hear the left channel only in the left ear and the right channel only in the right ear. You can't concentrate on the frequencies when equalizing, you cannot concentrate on the dynamics, stereo width, reverbs etc. Another big problem of mixing on headphones is also the absence of a phantom center.
Spatial processing is an algorithm simulating the basic concept of listening on speakers where left channel is "copied" into right channel, attenuated, frequency distorted, and time delayed by a few milliseconds, equally for right channel.
G-Sonique's Monitor MSX5 VST plug-in moves basic spatial processing principles/algorithms forward to more advanced stage and offers a comfortable and precise way of mixing on your headphones, where all algorithms used were fine-tuned for professional mixing purposes.
- Monitors angle - this feature simulates angle of rotation of studio monitors/speakers towards your head/ears. In professional recording/mixing studios speakers are usually rotated 15 - 25 degrees.
- Monitors distance - this feature simulates distance of monitors in room from your head/ears.
- Center balance - by this knob you can attenuate level of phantom center to hear wider stereo signal.
- Main volume - control output volume of all system.
- (BASS) Woofer size - by this knob you can simulate the size of the bass woofer of your virtual monitoring system. Most of classic studio monitors do not have the biggest bass woofer so you can't hear deepest sub-basses 10 - 35 hz without additional sub-woofers. But this feature is often desirable because deep and massive bass can soften mid and harsh mid-treble frequencies. So if deepest sub-basses are not reproduced by smaller monitors you can hear more sharp, harsh and clear sounds as well as many problems in your mixes.
- (TREBLE) Tweeter sharpness/Sound aggression - Many models of the popular Japanese studio monitors have a very sharp and precise treble sound. With this knob you can simulate this kind of extremely precise and sharpness sound of treble in four amounts (min-max).
- Comparison - by this knob you can freely compare between dry (pure headphone sound) and wet (monitor sound simulation).