|Price (MSRP)||$199 / €129|
|Type / Tags|
|Copy Protection||Online Activation (Challenge / Response)|
Elysia says that the mpressor plug-in is the as-close-as-it-can-get emulation of its famous creative compressor hardware of the same name. Its all discrete circuitry and its special character have been translated into software by the specialists from brainworx. The result is a universal compressor as well as a dynamics effect machine.
The plug-in has all the functions of the hardware which can be combined in many ways: Auto Fast for attack makes life easy even on longer attack settings. The Anti Log function offers an alternative release curve that can be engaged for instant pumping effects. In addition to standard ratios, the mpressor also provides negative values. Combine this with its extremely fast attack times, and you will be able to create completely new signal envelopes.
The Gain Reduction Limiter regulates the virtual control voltage and keeps even the most extreme settings under control – completely independent from the threshold and ratio settings. The additional filter is a perfect fit for changing the compressed signal in its sound character. The possibility to control the mpressor by an external sidechain to get things grooving makes for further flexibility.
- True Emulation: The compression behavior and the sound character of the hardware have been recreated in a complex process to match the hardware as close as possible.
- Oversampling: In order to achieve the best results also on lower sample rates, the mpressor plug-in uses an increased internal resolution in these cases.
- Mousewheel Support: Setting parameters with the mouse can be annoying - for this reason the controllers of the mpressor can be easily moved with the mouse wheel.
- Auto Fast: Originally developed for the alpha compressor, this switchable semi automation ensures a perfect attack on the basis of the value set by the user.
- Anti Log: This alternative characteristic of the release curve follows an anti-logarithmic course instead of the linear one and produces a much more audible result.
- Negative Ratios: The characteristic curve bends and goes back down. Heavy pumping, backward sounds, etc. - perfect for very cool compression effects.
- Audio Filter: The mpressor plug-in also features another popular function of the hardware version: the easy yet very flexible Niveau Filter.
- External Sidechain: You want to create frequency dependent compression or have it accented by the groove? The sidechain function makes it all possible.
- Gain Reduction Limiter: This novel limiter is not placed in the audio path as usually, but restricts the virtual control voltage of the plug-in instead.