|Type / Tags|
|Copy Protection||Key File|
Modern listeners crave extremely tight and punchy sound. MStereoGenerator uses psychoacoustics to bring your tracks closer to the listener and make them as wide and tight as physically possible, yet sound natural and beautiful. MStereoSpread provides a unique unbelievably tight-sounding stereo expansion algorithm, which is perfect for just about any audio material and is fully mono compatible:
- Unique widening algorithm - MStereoSpread can generate an artificial stereo image from mono tracks or expand existing stereo image. And is completely mono compatible.
- 2D stereo field analyzer - integrated analyzer gives you an accurate view of the output stereo profile, which you can use to ensure the recording is accurately wide and has correct direction.
- 4 global modulators - in each instance you can have up to 4 fully-featured modulators that can modulate any set of parameters including other modulators! In this way you can make the sound move in time, be less static and more interesting. Each modulator works as LFO, follower, midi/audio triggered ADSR envelopes, a pitch detector or even a combination.
- M/S, single channel, up to 8 channels surround processing - our plugins can handle not only mono and stereo signals, but also mono/stereo encoding, separate channels and encodings, and up to 8 channels of surround audio, which makes them ideal for audio production for movies, games etc.
- Smart randomization - using a single button you can generate completely new settings. By clicking the button you can walk through the billions of possible settings and find the best one for you! The smart randomization algorithm wisely chooses between which parameters can be randomized and how. It can even randomize modulators for you. And if that's too much, you can just hold ctrl and MStereoSpread will only slightly modify existing settings.
- Automatic gain compensation (AGC) - most plugins can change loudness of the output audio, which makes browsing presets not convenient, not mentioning randomization. Our plugins include automatic gain compensation, which quickly adapts to current settings and ensure the output sounds as loud as the input. This even protects you from thinking that something sounds better in cases it's just louder.
- Adjustable up-sampling 1x-16x to minimize aliasing and get an even clearer sound. Includes both minimum-phase and high-quality linear-phase algorithms.
- Extremely advanced and easy-to-use user interface - our products are always designed to enhance the workflow. You can easily change all values, fine-tune each control in multiple ways. Easy orientation in a standardized GUI, textual editing and smooth visualization with almost unlimited zooming are standard in all of our plugins. Moreover our plugins are the world first (and still the only ones), which support resizable and stylable GUI's.
- MIDI controllers with MIDI learn - you can map any parameter to any MIDI controller or MIDI keyboard and control it realtime or record and automate it.
- Very fast, optimized for SSE and SSE2 processors.
- Global preset management and online preset exchange - using a title button you can save your settings (which are shared on the computer) so you can easily access these in other songs. Moreover all plugins can automatically share your presets and download presets of other users from our servers (if this feature is enabled). We are building a community and you can be a part of it.
- Fully automatable.
- Supports VST, VST3 and AU interfaces on Windows & Mac, both 32-bit and 64-bit.
Reviewed By tommyzai
October 13, 2013
MStereoSpread by MeldaProduction helps make audio tracks more personal, but bringing sound "closer to the listener." At first I couldn't understand how a psychoacoustic delay-based pseudo stereo illusion could widen and tighten at the same time. It was a little hard for me to wrap my brain around. What helped me is this — I stopped thinking, listened to my newly spread tracks, and smiled at the results! When this effect is combined with the on-board saturator, the results rich and very natural sounding. When I bypass the effect, it feels like something is missing. In my opinion, MStereoSpread is like salt — a little pinch goes a long way to season a track. *I later came to understand that when the plugin is inserted on a track, the artificial stereo generators create an inequality between the L and R via a combination of frequency response, time, and volume.
- Intuitive interface/clean GUI (not the prettiest, however).
- Easy to use. i.e., Spread controls amount of effect, Frequency controls what is modulated; etc.
- Good basic presets categories (drums, bass, piano, solo instruments, orchestra, voice).
- Goniometer enables excellent visual control.
- MIDI learn.
- Limiter to protect against volume spikes.
- Up-sampling (1x-16x).
- Lifetime free updates.
- Requires a little patience to achieve the optimal widening and panorama balance.
- The more frequency bands that are split by the Spectral Generator = more CPU, of course. This needs to be kept in mind. Power needs energy.
According to Melda,"Modern listeners crave extremely tight and punchy sound." I'd say they are correct, but MSS does something else — it helps to create livelier tracks. I highly recommend MStereoSpread to any e-musician, producer, etc., who wants his/her track to feel more alive. Good price if purchased as an individual plugin; great price if purchased as part of a bundle. My ears and wallet are happy! I give MStereoSpread two hard-panned thumbs up.Read more